
Shanghai Luxury Getaway: Unbeatable Crowne Plaza Xiayang Lake Deals!
Shanghai Luxury Getaway: Unbeatable Crowne Plaza Xiayang Lake Deals! – My Chaotic Brain Dump of a Review
Alright, buckle up buttercups! I just got back from the Crowne Plaza Xiayang Lake, which, according to the ad (and my quickly-drained bank account), was supposed to be the epitome of Shanghai luxury. Keyword there being "supposed to be." Let’s just say my expectations and reality did a tango… a very, very long tango. But hey, at least there were some seriously good deals, right? Let's dissect this beast, shall we?
Accessibility & Cleanliness: The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Smudged
First off, accessibility. The Crowne Plaza claims to cater to disabled guests. Elevator? Check. Ramps? Theoretically, check. But I’m gonna be honest, navigating the place with any sort of mobility issue felt… a bit like a game of architectural hide-and-seek. You might find yourself wondering if the ramps are secretly part of some elaborate art installation designed to confuse you. And the exterior corridor, lets just say it could use a little love.
Now, for the holy grail of 2024: cleanliness and safety. They've clearly gone all-in on the "germ-free zone" vibe. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, hand sanitizer everywhere. They even had sterilizing equipment on display. It felt… well, obsessive. But hey, better safe than sorry, right? Though I will confess, the constant smell of disinfectant did start to remind me of a hospital, which isn't exactly what I was hoping for on a luxury getaway. I did appreciate the individually-wrapped food options, though. Safety first!
Dining: A Buffet of Emotions (and Some Surprisingly Good Noodles!)
The food situation was a roller coaster, people. Let’s start with breakfast. Ah, the Asian breakfast was… something. I tried the congee, and it was… well, let's just say it tasted like wallpaper paste. But the Western breakfast? My god, the Western breakfast. The buffet was a glorious, carb-laden battlefield. The breakfast [buffet] was a glorious, carb-laden battlefield. Think mountains of pastries, glistening bacon, the works. It's where I truly felt safe.
And the restaurants themselves? A mixed bag. They have a vegetarian restaurant, which I didn't try, but I did sample the Asian cuisine and International cuisine. The a la carte options were… okay. Nothing groundbreaking, but solid. Now, hear me out, because this is important. The coffee/tea in restaurant however was… divine! I had at least four cups of coffee the first morning, which may or may not have contributed to my slightly manic energy throughout this whole stay.
The poolside bar was a decent spot to watch the world go by. (Plus, happy hour at the bar was a welcome addition!) They provided some seriously good bottle of water and other drinks.
Also, the room service [24-hour] deserves a shout-out. I ordered in some late-night noodles one evening, and honestly, they were the best damn noodles of my entire trip. Go figure!
Rooms & Comfort: Luxurious…ish.
Okay, let’s talk about the actual rooms. They're not bad, per se. They had all the standards: air conditioning, air conditioning in public area, additional toilet, bathrobes, bathtub, blackout curtains (essential for these jet-lagged eyes), coffee/tea maker (hallelujah!), free Wi-Fi, daily housekeeping, desk, free bottled water, hair dryer, in-room safe box, internet access – wireless, internet access – LAN, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, mini bar, non-smoking rooms, satellite/cable channels, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers (bliss!), smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, wake-up service, window that opens. The bed was comfy. I will say, though, the "luxury" factor didn’t quite hit me in the face. It felt more like “comfortable and functional” rather than "OMG, I'm living in a cloud!"
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: A Mixed Massage Bag.
Now, this is where things get interesting. The spa/sauna, and spa itself was a selling point. The swimming pool [outdoor] was lovely, if a little crowded. The pool with view was breathtaking. (Although, I'm pretty sure the view was just… more lake. Still pretty, though!). The sauna and steamroom were pleasant, if you're into that sort of thing. The gym/fitness center was… okay. Functional is the word.
But the massage… ah, the massage. I paid extra for the "deep tissue," and honey, I am pretty sure the masseuse was trying to rearrange my internal organs. It was… intense. The body scrub and body wrap were… well, relaxing, once I got over the fear that I was going to be shrink-wrapped and shipped back to my home country. The foot bath was a great way to unwind during happy hour.
Services & Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (Sometimes!)
They had all the usual suspects: concierge, dry cleaning, laundry service, luggage storage, meeting/banquet facilities. The facilities for disabled guests did exist, but again, see my earlier comment regarding the architectural hide-and-seek. I didn’t use the Babysitting service, but that's there if needed, and the family/child friendly is great. I was fascinated by the shrine.
I appreciated the convenience of cash withdrawal and currency exchange, but I also loved the contactless check-in/out.
Getting Around: Car Parks and Airport Transfers
Car park [free of charge] was a massive win, although finding it did take me on a scenic tour of the lake. Airport transfer was available, which I would highly recommend.
For the Kids…
This place seems pretty family-friendly – the pool and the general vibe are set up to cater to children, and it offers a Babysitting service.
The Quirks: The Little Imperfections That Make Life Interesting
Okay, so here's where the "luxury" illusion cracked a little. First, the elevator sometimes took its time. Also, the internet access? The Wi-Fi [free] in the rooms was solid, but good luck in the public areas, it felt like it could use a little love. It would randomly drop out and I'd be stuck in some sort of digital limbo. Frustrating. Also, the staff trained in safety protocol which was great and the front desk was open 24-hours. Also, the alarm clock wasn't working, but thankfully I had my phone.
The Verdict: Deal or Disaster?
Look, the Crowne Plaza Xiayang Lake isn’t perfect. It’s got its flaws, and it's a solid “okay”. But, it does have those deals. And if you're looking for a relatively affordable getaway, especially with the car park [free of charge], and the kids facilities, it's worth considering. Just don't expect to be blown away by the luxury. Take the good with the bad. Embrace the imperfect. And definitely, definitely order those late-night noodles. Trust me on that one.
My Emotional Takeaway: Would I go back? Maybe. If the deal's right, and I'm craving a good breakfast buffet and a slightly aggressive massage. But I'd probably bring my own hand sanitizer.
SEO Optimized Offer to Book:
Escape to Shanghai Luxury at Crowne Plaza Xiayang Lake! UNBEATABLE DEALS Await!
Tired of the everyday grind? Craving a luxurious Shanghai getaway? Look no further than the Crowne Plaza Xiayang Lake! Discover stunning views, delectable dining, and a wealth of amenities – all at prices you won't believe!
Why Choose Crowne Plaza Xiayang Lake?
- Unbeatable Deals: Enjoy incredible savings on rooms and packages! Find one that's right for you!
- Relax & Rejuvenate: Dive into our refreshing swimming pool [outdoor], unwind with a soothing massage at our spa, or sweat it out in our state-of-the-art Fitness center. Enjoy the pool with view.
- Culinary Delights: Indulge in a vast breakfast [buffet] with both delicious Asian breakfast and Western breakfast plus other delicious options!
- Convenience & Comfort: Benefit from Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Free Car Park, 24-hour Room Service, and more!
- **Clean

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is going to be a messy, opinionated, borderline-unhinged account of my "trip" to the Crowne Plaza Shanghai Xiayang Lake. Prepare for whiplash, because I'm still trying to process it.
Crowne Plaza Shanghai Xiayang Lake: A Journey Through… Stuff (Maybe Fun, Definitely Exhausting)
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Luggage Labyrinth (AKA: Shanghai Shenanigans)
- 6:00 AM (Local Time): Wake up in a hotel room. Wait, I'm already in Shanghai! No, the jet lag is real, and I feel like a zombie that someone spray-painted in neon. The flight? A blur of airplane peanuts, questionable movies, and the constant hum of recycled air. I'm pretty sure I dreamt I was arguing philosophy with a pigeon.
- 7:00 AM: Shanghai Pudong International Airport. Okay, the airport is massive, intimidating. Customs? Felt like I was being judged for my life choices. (I’m pretty sure the officer raised an eyebrow at my passport photo, which might have been taken immediately after a particularly brutal all-nighter.) Bag collection: the true test. I'm convinced luggage carousel is a purgatory meant to weed out the weak. Found my suitcase, thankfully.
- 8:30 AM: Airport transfer to the Crowne Plaza. This is where things started to get… interesting. The car ride was basically a sensory overload: a tsunami of neon signs, honking horns, and a million scooters weaving through traffic like they were auditioning for a demolition derby. My inner monologue: "Are we there yet? Are we DEAD yet?"
- 10:00 AM: Check-in. The lobby? Kind of generic-hotel-chic. The staff were pleasant, but I suspect they see this look of utter devastation on a regular basis. I think I mumbled "room" and they got the message, God bless them.
- 11:00 AM: Room Assessment. Okay, the room itself is decent. Clean, surprisingly spacious, and with a lake view (which, honestly, is mostly just a lot of reeds. Still, a view is a view, I guess). But the air conditioning? An ice age in the making. I spent a solid fifteen minutes wrestling with the thermostat, feeling like I was trying to defuse a bomb. Finally settled on a compromise setting that's still probably freezing.
- 12:00 PM: (Erroneous) Lunch Attempt: The hotel restaurant! Should be a pleasant experience, yeah? I got lost trying to find it, ending up in the gym (which looked suspiciously empty). Finally found the restaurant, which was a weird buffet situation. Food looked… interesting. I filled a plate with random things, and my stomach is now doing a tango. My taste buds are questioning all their life choices. Emotional reaction: Regret.
- 2:00 PM: Naptime: The jet lag monster is here, and it wants to eat my brain. Nap initiated.
- 5:00 PM: Wake up. Still groggy, but feeling slightly less likely to spontaneously combust.
- 6:00 PM: Explore? I try to go for a walk around the Xiayang Lake. Okay, the lake is actually pretty. Some ducks, some trees, some people taking selfies. Peaceful. But the oppressive humidity, the sudden downpours (classic Shanghai), and the general feeling of "lost in translation" quickly wore me down. I retreated to the hotel.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner Round Two (and a confession): There's a Chinese restaurant in the hotel, which has the potential to be amazing or the culinary equivalent of a colonoscopy. The menu? Completely in Chinese. Google Translate to the rescue! It's a gamble. Ordered something that looked vaguely like noodles and maybe duck. The moment of truth: well, it's pretty good! I'm actually enjoying it. Maybe China isn't so bad after all!
- 8:00 PM: Evening Entertainment (or the Lack Thereof): The hotel has a karaoke room! But I'm exhausted, my voice is shot from yelling at that blasted air conditioner, and the thought of belting out a karaoke song in front of complete strangers fills me with dread. Instead: Netflix and a quiet night.
- 9:00 PM: Emotional Breakdown (Kidding). Just kidding. Night, night.
Day 2: Immersion (Maybe), Shopping, and a Duck-Noodle Redemption Arc
- 8:00 AM (ish): Wake up, the body clock is slowly coming back. The lake view is still a lake view. Okay, maybe this hotel isn't so bad..
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. This time, I hit the buffet with more strategy. Found the fruit section and a life-saver
- 10:00 AM: Trip to a local market. I'm expecting a bustling, chaotic, exotic experience. I got it. The smells of fish and something else, that's better not to know. The noise, the crowds, the sheer chaos of it all – it was intense. I got lost, spent 30 minutes trying to buy a bottle of water and a bunch of random stuff I don’t even need. My emotional reaction: Overwhelmed. Amused. Slightly terrified.
- 11:00 AM: After some retail therapy, I am walking and observing. The locals are friendly and helpful. I feel a sense of connection.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch re-do. I brave the Chinese restaurant again, and order the noodles again. The taste is so good. I can die happy, it's the best.
- 1:00 PM: The rain, yes, again. I decided that I actually don't mind, it's actually nice and calm.
- 2:00 PM: I take a look at the hotel swimming pool. I am very tempted to swim.
- 3:00 PM: Pool. I had a swim in the pool. It's good, and the sun is slowly back.
- 4:00 PM: The hotel. I think I'll just spend the rest of the day around the hotel.
- 6:00 PM: The restaurant. I go back to the hotel restaurant. I eat a big bowl of noodles.
- 7:00 PM: I watch the movie.
- 9:00 PM: Sleep.
Day 3: Farewell, for Now (And a Promise to Eventually Learn Mandarin)
- 8:00 AM: Early breakfast. The buffet is getting familiar, I’m starting to figure out the hidden gems (scrambled eggs!).
- 9:00 AM: Check-out. Surprisingly smooth, no luggage labyrinth this time!
- 10:00 AM: Departure. The transfer back to PUDONG – same chaotic, beautiful ride as before. This time, I feel more prepared. I actually enjoy the view.
- 11:00 AM: Airport. Security, passport control, the whole shebang. I'm ready for a relaxed flight.
- 12:00 PM: Plane, bye-bye China, until next time, Shanghai!
Final Thoughts:
Shanghai, you are a wild ride. The Crowne Plaza Xiayang Lake? It was a decent hotel. The food could be hit or miss. But the experience? Unforgettable. Maybe one day I'll learn to speak Mandarin. Maybe one day I'll master the art of the buffet. But for now, I'll just cherish these memories, imperfections and all!
Shanghai's HOTTEST Hotel Near Jinshajiang Road Metro?! (You NEED to See This!)
Shanghai Luxury Getaway: Crowne Plaza Xiayang Lake Deals FAQ – Real Talk!
Okay, so you're thinking about a luxurious Shanghai escape to the Crowne Plaza Xiayang Lake? Wise move… mostly. Let's get real about this, shall we? There's always a catch, right?
What's the deal with these "unbeatable" deals? Sounds too good to be true...
Alright, let's call a spade a spade. "Unbeatable" is marketing BS, usually. Look, the Crowne Plaza Xiayang Lake can be a steal sometimes. Think: off-season, midweek, or some crazy flash sale. Don't expect to waltz in on a Friday night in peak season and snag a bargain. NEVER. Trust me, I tried that once. Ended up paying so much, I had to eat instant noodles for a month. The deals are real, BUT they're like finding a unicorn – takes patience and a little luck (and probably a bot to stalk the websites, if you're serious).
How far is Xiayang Lake from the *real* Shanghai? (You know, the one with the Bund and the chaos?)
Okay, deep breath. Xiayang Lake is… well, it's *out there*. You're looking at an hour to an hour and a half, maybe more, depending on traffic, which in Shanghai is a beast to be reckoned with. Think of it this way: You'll be escaping the city’s frenzy, for better or worse. It's a peaceful retreat, which, trust me, *can* be a godsend. Remember that whole "escape the chaos" thing? That’s what Xiayang Lake *is*. You might see more locals, fewer tourists shouting into their phones. Personally? I embrace the distance. Gives you a chance to actually de-stress. Otherwise you should just book a hotel in the Bund... or hell, go home!
What's the Crowne Plaza itself like? Is it actually luxurious?
Let's be honest - "luxury" is subjective. The Crowne Plaza Xiayang Lake? It's... good. It’s VERY good. The lobby is impressive, the rooms are spacious, the beds are delightfully cloud-like... but don’t expect the Ritz. Expect reliable comfort – think decent robes, a good TV, and hopefully a view of the lake (ask for one, always ask!). I remember the time my shower head was a little wonky, spurting water in every direction EXCEPT where I wanted it. Minor, right? But it ruined my "luxury" vibe for a solid 20 minutes! So yeah, you *will* be comfortable, but it's more "solid upper-middle class" than "splurge-worthy opulence." That said, the buffet breakfast? Worth it. Totally worth it, even if you're paying extra. LOAD UP! You paid for it!
What are the activities around Xiayang Lake? Is there anything… to do?
Okay, this is where things get... interesting. Xiayang Lake, for the most part, is about *relaxing*. You've got the lake itself, of course – you can walk around (it’s a long walk, though!), maybe rent a boat if you're feeling energetic. The hotel usually has a pool and a gym, which are solid. There are sometimes activities organized by the hotel, but don't expect a constant stream of thrills. Think: quiet. Peaceful. Maybe… a little boring for some. I went through a 'need to be constantly stimulated' phase, and this place almost broke me! I was twitching after the second day. So, if you're the type who needs to be entertained every second, reconsider. If you want to chill out and recharge your batteries, then it's spot-on. You can even get some good fishing in there. I heard. (I don't fish, I'd probably bore the fish).
Food! What about the food options?
The hotel's restaurants are decent. The buffet breakfast (again, worth it!) is a highlight. Expect a mix of Western and Chinese options. Beyond that… options are *limited*. There are a few restaurants in the area, but don't expect Michelin stars. You are a bit isolated. I remember one night, I was desperately craving pizza, and the only place that delivered was… well, it wasn't great. It was edible. But it wasn’t *pizza*. It was more pizza-shaped… something. So, plan ahead! Stock up on snacks. Embrace room service. Or, if you're feeling adventurous, take a taxi into a larger town (but again, that's a bit of a trip). Bring some instant noodles for backup. You'll thank me later. Trust me.
Transportation! Best way to get there from the airport?
Ditch the public transport. Seriously. After a long flight, you don't want the hassle of luggage and crowded subways. Taxis are… okay. Relatively cheap, but the traffic. OH, the traffic. They'll try to 'charge you extra' sometimes, with a "this is far!" attitude, so make sure they use the meter. Best bet? Arrange a private transfer through the hotel. It's pricier, but you get a driver waiting for you, and it's a straight shot. Worth it for the peace of mind, especially if you arrive late at night. Arriving at 3am after flying for 12 hours is a nightmare, let me tell you. I once fell asleep on the taxi, and woke up in a gas station hundreds of miles away! Okay, I made that up. BUT you get my point. Private transfer, always.
Are there any hidden costs I should watch out for?

