
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Chiang Rai Getaway at Amaz Guest House
Escape to Paradise: My (Somewhat Chaotic) Chiang Rai Getaway at Amaz Guest House - Or, How I (Probably) Found Nirvana (and a Good Pad Thai)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. I just got back from Chiang Rai, and let me tell you, it was…an experience. And Amaz Guest House? Well, it was the headquarters of that experience. Let's be honest, I started researching "Chiang Rai hotels" hours before I even booked my flight. I'm that meticulous. And then I, uh, promptly got overwhelmed by the sheer volume of choices. But Amaz Guest House kept popping up. "Dream Getaway," they called it. "Escape to Paradise." Blech. I'm usually immune to that kind of flowery language. But something about the photos pulled me in. And, spoiler alert, they were (mostly) accurate.
(Now, let's get REAL, shall we? This is not a brochure. This is ME.)
First Impressions and Accessibility: Did They Nail It?
Okay, so I'm not, like, super worried about mobility, but I do appreciate good design. Amaz Guest House… hit and miss. The "accessible" aspect? Well, they say they have facilities for disabled guests. I saw an elevator, which is a HUGE win. But the true test is how easy it is to navigate, how they're prepared for it and how much space there is. The front desk? Totally accessible, thankfully. The check-in/out process was contactless, which was great. The exterior corridor was also very safe and easy to go around!
Cleanliness and Safety: Are We Safe From the Apocalypse (or Just a Cold)?
Listen, post-pandemic, I'm obsessed with cleanliness. And Amaz Guest House? They're trying. They've got the hand sanitizer strategically placed, staff masked. I saw daily disinfection in common areas, which gave me some peace of mind. Here's a weird observation: They removed shared stationery. That's a good thing, but it's also kinda…sad. I miss those hotel pens! But hey, safety first. They also proudly display their "Hygiene Certification". Let me feel your confidence and make me feel safe. Rooms sanitized between stays? YES. My paranoid inner monologue was at ease.
The Room: My Tiny Kingdom (or Just a Comfortable Box?)
Okay, my room. Let's dive deep. The air conditioning was a lifesaver (Chiang Rai heat is no joke!). The bed was… wait for it… extra long! God bless them. I am a tall person. There was a mini-bar (mostly filled with overpriced snacks, but still…), a coffee/tea maker (essential!), and a free bottle of water (more essential!). Blackout curtains? YES! Crucial for my sleep schedule. They also had a reading light (I'm a sucker for those). The WiFi was free (and thankfully worked!), there was Internet access – Wireless (and it was good!). Some rooms have separate shower/bathtub. Overall, very very comfortable.
The Food: Pad Thai Dreams and More
Alright, food is my love language. And Amaz Guest House? They gave good food. Their Asian breakfast buffet was a solid foundation for my day (hello, delicious rice porridge!). They had a la carte options, a coffee shop, and a poolside bar (duh!). I spent way too much time at the poolside bar, let me tell you. The happy hour specials? Irresistible. And the pad thai in the restaurant? Chef's kiss. Honestly, I might have dreamt of that pad thai for weeks. The service was good. The food was safe and the staff seemed trained to cater to people's needs.
Things to Do/Ways to Relax: Let the Spa-ing Begin!
Here's where Amaz Guest House really shines. The swimming pool? Stunning! Pool with a view? Absolutely. I spent hours just floating, staring at the mountains. If you want to get into some relaxation, think of going into the spa! They have a Sauna, Massage, Spa/sauna, Steamroom. I decided to treat myself to a massage (needed it after the travel). The body scrub and body wrap were wonderful. They also have a fitness center if you’re into this more. There is enough to do, to not bother you.
Services and Conveniences: What Did They Get Right?
Daily housekeeping? Check. Luggage storage? Check. Laundry service (thank god, I was running low on clean clothes!). They had a concierge, which was helpful for booking tours. They also had business facilities if you are a business person (or if you have a kid that won't allow you to relax), it had air conditioning in public areas, a gift/souvenir shop, and even a convenience store! Seriously, they thought of everything.
For the Kids:
Actually, I didn’t drag my kids with me this time, so I wasn’t able to check this out. But in case you have kids, they have babysitting service, family/child friendly, and even kids meal options.
Getting Around: (Do I Need a Car?)
They have a car park (free of charge!). There is airport transfer. There is a taxi service.
My Takeaway -- The Chaotic Truth
Look, Amaz Guest House isn't perfect. It might have a few minor imperfections. But the sheer atmosphere and the fact that they are really trying to create a sense of calm, well, that makes up for a lot. And seriously, that pad thai? It was worth the trip alone. I didn't want to leave.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars. Could have been 5 if the prices were a little friendlier.
Here's the deal: If you’re looking for a chill, clean, and relaxing stay in Chiang Rai without breaking the bank, Amaz Guest House is a winner. Go. Eat the pad thai. You can thank me later.
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Chiang Rai Getaway at Amaz Guest House - YOU Are Invited!
Tired of the same old vacation blahs? Do you dream of waking up to the symphony of nature, sipping coffee by a stunning pool, and indulging in the most amazing Pad Thai you will ever taste?
Then get ready, because Amaz Guest House in Chiang Rai is calling your name!
Here's what you get when you book your Escape to Paradise now:
- Unwind in Paradise: Spacious, air-conditioned rooms with extra long beds and blackout curtains for the sleep of your dreams.
- Safety First: Cleanliness is their obsession, with anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection, and staff trained in all the necessary safety protocols.
- Ultimate Relaxation: Take a dip in the stunning swimming pool with a view, or get pampered with a massage in their amazing Spa/sauna, steamroom.
- Foodie Heaven: From a delicious Asian breakfast buffet to an unforgettable Pad Thai experience, their restaurants cater to every craving.
- Convenient Extras: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Free car park, daily housekeeping, laundry services, and more! They make sure that you will have everything you need.
But wait, there's more!
Book now and receive a complimentary welcome drink upon arrival.
Don't just dream it, live it!
Click here to book your Escape to Paradise at Amaz Guest House today! Your Chiang Rai adventure awaits!
(Limited availability – book now before this paradise is full!)
Pigeon Forge Getaway: Unbeatable Hampton Inn Deals!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sterile, pre-packaged itinerary. This is MY trip to Amaz Guest House in Chiang Rai, and trust me, it's going to be a ride. I'm talking honest-to-goodness, warts-and-all, chaotic-but-loving it kind of adventure.
Day 1: Arrival, Amaz-ing (Hopefully!) and a Near-Disaster with a Sticky Situation
14:00 - Landed. Chiang Rai Airport (CEI) - Yikes, plane food. Again. Okay, first impressions? Hot. Humid. And the customs guy looked like he'd seen it all, which probably means I'm about to provide a good story. Grabbed my bag, which thankfully still had all my stuff.
15:00 - Taxi to Amaz Guest House. The drive? Chaotic glorious chaos. Scooters whizzing, tuk-tuks honking, and the driver kept trying to sell me weed. (I'm not saying no, I'm just saying I wasn't ready yet). Reached the Guest House. Ah, the Amaz! Looked like it would be my home away from home.
16:00 - Amaz Check-in: The "Where's My Room?!" Incident. Okay, it was a slightly shaky start. I'm pretty sure the nice lady at reception forgot I existed for a solid five minutes. Then there was the language barrier. And then there was the room… or lack thereof? Turns out they'd double-booked. Cue mild internal panic (the kind fueled by travel exhaustion and the desperate need for a shower). Thankfully, a room magically appeared. Success!
- Impression: Simple, clean, and with a balcony-- SCORE! That balcony is my sanctuary now.
17:00 - Shower/Unpack/Comb the Jungle Out of My Hair. Seriously, airplane hair is a real thing. This is the moment where I felt human again. Reconnected to the world (aka. wifi).
18:00 - Exploration: A "Little" Snack That Turned Very Sticky. So, I wandered out, starving. Found a cute little street vendor cooking something that smelled divine. Ordered… something. I think it was spring rolls. But, there was a small issue – some kind of delicious, super-sticky sauce. It got everywhere. I mean, I'm pretty sure I had it behind my ears.
- Quirky Reaction: I’m not sure how I managed to eat it without looking like I'd been through a food fight, but I survived. Barely. Lesson learned, I think.
19:00 - Dinner: A Quest for Food (and a Beer!). Found a little restaurant down the street. Pad Thai was on the menu. And a cold Singha beer. Life was good, momentarily.
- Emotional Reaction: The noodles were glorious! The beer, even better. I felt the tension of the day finally melt away.
20:00 - Early Night/Balcony Contemplation/Mosquito Warfare. Okay, the jet lag hit me hard. I was out before 9 pm. But not before a good hour on the balcony, watching the street cats do their thing, and swatting away the mosquito squadron trying to stage a raid.
- Messier Structure: Okay, the mosquito situation wasn't so great. I may have lost the battle. But the view from the balcony— the sounds of a new place— was worth every bite.
Day 2: Temples, Tigers, and a Tummy Ache (Oh, Joy.)
08:00 - Morning Wake-Up, And a Stomach That Isn't Happy. Oh boy. This is going to be an adventure.
- Stronger Emotional Reaction: I might be going through a rough patch with some things in my belly. The sticky sauce had me reconsidering my decision to eat everything. Still, gotta keep moving!
09:00 - White Temple (Wat Rong Khun): Jaw-Dropping Beauty and Tourist Chaos. Taxi! The White Temple… Wow. It's insane. The art, the details… it's almost overwhelming. But it's also PACKED with people. Seriously, elbows everywhere!
- Opinionated Language: If you're claustrophobic, prepare yourself. The people push and shove, and you feel like you’re in a human mosh pit. Still, it’s a must-see. Just breathe.
11:00 - Blue Temple (Wat Rong Suea Ten): A Soothing Contrast (and a Restroom Needed After the Sticky Incident). The Blue Temple was way calmer. A beautiful, calming contrast. I could have spent the whole day there but the stomach cramps said otherwise.
12:00 - Lunch: Attempting to Find Something Plain. Chicken fried rice. Slowly. Carefully.
14:00 - Tiger Kingdom: Up Close and Personal with the Big Cats…Maybe A Little Too Close. Okay, I was torn about this. On the one hand, I love tigers. On the other hand, I was a bit wary. But when in Rome, right? Or in this case, Chiang Rai.
- Doubling Down on Experience: It was AMAZING. Truly. The biggest tiger I have ever seen. But when that tiger got in my lap for a photo… I was terrified. Really. I'm not sure how much of the experience was fear and how much was awe.
- Anecdote: I remember, to the day, a volunteer taking the picture. "Okay, now pet it on the neck. Here's what you do…" And now I know how to pet a tiger.
16:00 - Return to Amaz: Rest, Rehydrate, and Pray the Tummy Gods Are Kind. More rest. More water. And an enormous amount of prayer. Today was a day.
- Quirky Observation: I saw a kid drop his ice cream cone in front of the Temple of Dragons today. The moment was pure, unadulterated sadness. I could relate.
19:00 - Dinner: Experimentation with Plain Rice. Just plain rice. No sauce. No spice. Pure, unadulterated rice. And the best dinner I've had in forever.
Day 3: Cooking Class, Coffee, and a Touch of Regret
09:00 - Cooking Class: "Let's Make It Look Like I Know What I'm Doing." Okay, I like food. I’m not sure how much of a chef. However, this cooking class will prove otherwise!
- Messier Structure: The cooking class was great. I'm pretty sure I added way too much chili to everything. But hey, at least I tried!
12:00 - Eating the Fruits (and Chili) of My Labor. The meal? Surprisingly edible! I take back everything I thought about being completely incapable in a kitchen.
14:00 - Coffee Time at a Local Cafe Discovered a little cafe down the road with the best Coffee in the entire world.
16:00 - Market Exploration: Bargaining, Buying, and the Potential for Impulse Shopping. Went to the market. Bargained. Bought. Regretted (maybe) a few purchases.
19:00 - Dinner: The "I'm So Over It" Sandwich. Feeling a little burned out on Thai food (blasphemy, I know). Got a simple sandwich.
20:00 - Pack and Prep - Ready for my trip to the next adventure.
…and that, my friends, is just a slice of my experience. Each day will bring new chaos, new discoveries, and a fresh dose of the unexpected. Stay tuned for updates, because this is just the beginning!
Starway Hotel: Your Luxurious Escape Near Urumqi's Political Science & Law Institute
Escape to Paradise: Amaz Guest House - The Unfiltered Truth (and Possibly a Nap)
Okay, so... what *is* Amaz Guest House actually like? The REAL deal, please.
Alright, here's the lowdown, straight from the jungle (or, you know, my memory). Amaz Guest House? Think less perfectly curated Instagram feed, and more... well, let's say "authentically charming." It's *not* the Ritz. (Thank GOD, because, frankly, I'd be terrified of cracking a priceless antique vase.) It's got that relaxed vibe, like a friend's quirky, slightly-too-friendly aunt's place. Expect mismatched furniture, maybe a stray gecko or two contemplating its life decisions in the corner, and that delicious smell of Thai food constantly wafting through the air. Seriously, the food... we'll get to the food. It’s not shiny, it’s not overly polished, it's just... *there*. And that's part of its magic.
Honestly, I’m not sure who “Amaz” *is* (probably super-nice), but the place itself feels like a warm hug after a long, dusty motorbike ride. Which, by the way, you WILL be doing. Trust me on this.
Is it REALLY “Escape to Paradise”? Sounds… a bit much.
Okay, okay, "Paradise" is a subjective term, right? Let's scale it back a notch. Think *idyllic* for a weary traveler? Think *tranquil* after a week of battling spreadsheets back home? Yeah. Think *pretty damn close* to paradise, especially if your idea of paradise involves a cheap Chang beer and a plate of Pad Thai that'll make you weep with joy. There's something about the pace of life in Chiang Rai, the laid-back atmosphere of Amaz, and the general feeling of "I can finally breathe" that gets you there. It's not like, blindingly, show-stoppingly, perfectly postcard-worthy paradise every second of the day. But it *whispers* paradise promises. Especially when you're slathered in sunscreen and staring at a sunset over the rice paddies. (And the sunsets… oh, the sunsets…)
What are the rooms like? Are they… clean? (Because, you know…)
Okay, let's be honest. My standards for "clean" are… flexible. I'm a backpacker, not a queen. The rooms at Amaz are clean *enough*. Honestly. They're not sterile, hospital-grade clean. They're not going to win any awards for "most minimalist design." (Thank goodness!). They're clean, comfy, and the AC works. That's the important part, right? You'll get fresh towels (eventually, maybe. Sometimes. Don't be afraid to ask!) and a bed that actually feels comfortable after a day of trekking through temples (or, you know, just generally existing). There might be a teeny spider in the corner. Just wave hello and go back to enjoying the air conditioning. It's all part of the experience.
My initial reaction, however? I'll confess, I was a bit freaked. I'd just spent three weeks in luxury resorts and needed a major mental pivot. It took me about an hour to fully accept the "rustic charm" and by then, I was so tired of the jet lag, I passed out. Woke up feeling GREAT.
And the food! I hear the food is… essential?
OH MY GOD, THE FOOD. Okay, I’m getting emotional just thinking about it. Forget "essential." It's a *religious experience*. Truly. The family running Amaz (I *think* it's a family? They're all incredibly lovely) have some kind of magic touch when it comes to cooking Thai food. Seriously. Think Pad Thai that’s so perfectly balanced – sweet, sour, spicy, all at once – that you'll consider eloping with the chef. Think curries so flavorful you'll want to lick the bowl clean (and, okay, I might have… once or twice). Think fresh fruit shakes that make you feel like you're mainlining sunshine. And the breakfasts! Oh, the breakfasts! Perfect sunny-side-up eggs, fresh fruit, and strong, delicious coffee. Pure bliss. I still dream about it. Seriously. I’ve tried to replicate the Pad Thai at home, but it just… isn't the same. I'm starting to think they're secretly adding happiness dust to everything.
This reminds me of the first time I tasted the Mango Sticky Rice. I was already tired and a little grumpy from an awful flight. Suddenly, BANG! The sweetest, ripest mango, the creamy sticky rice, the coconut milk... I almost cried. It was *that* good. I ordered it every single day after that, never got tired of it. I am STILL thinking if it!
Eat EVERYTHING. Seriously. Don't be shy. Try the local specialties. You won't regret it. Just… maybe bring some antacids, because you'll probably overeat. I certainly did.
What's the area around Amaz like? Is there anything to DO? Besides, you know, eat everything.
Chiang Rai is AWESOME. Let me tell you, it's a world of its own. Amaz is in a great location. It's not right in the middle of the crazy tourist hustle (thank the heavens), but it's within easy reach of everything. You can rent a scooter (DO IT! It's the best way to explore!) and zoom off to the White Temple (Wat Rong Khun), which is… well, it's hard to describe, but it's seriously incredible. The Black House (Baan Dam Museum) is totally different but super fascinating and slightly...intense. Then there is the Blue Temple, it's equally stunning. If you love nature, just a short ride away are some lush rice paddies, and waterfalls to swim in. And the night market? Oh, the night market. Street food galore, cheap clothes, and the inevitable awkward negotiation over a cheap souvenir. The Golden Triangle, the ancient city, and some stunning temples are all within easy reach. It's all really accessible. The area is just begging to be explored.
My advice? Don't try to cram everything in. Embrace the slow pace of life. Get lost. Talk to the locals. The REAL fun is in the wandering. One day, I got hopelessly lost, and ended up in a tiny village. The kindness of the people, a cup of tea, it's the moments you don't plan that stick with you.
What's the Wi-Fi like? Because, you know, Instagram. And emails. (Please, don't judge.)
Alright, let’s be real. The Wi-Fi? It's… there. Sometimes. Let's just say it's not the fastest. It's good for basic stuff, like checking emails or posting a blurry pic of your delicious Pad Thai. Don't expectUnique Hotel Finds

