
Escape to Paradise: White Stone Beach Resort, Mbita, Kenya
Escape to Paradise: White Stone Beach Resort - A Soul-Soothing Kenyan Rhapsody (with a few sandy bits!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a trip to Escape to Paradise: White Stone Beach Resort in Mbita, Kenya, and let me tell you, it's an experience that's still kinda buzzing around in my brain like a happy mosquito. Okay, maybe not the mosquito part. But definitely happy.
Let's be real, planning a trip to a resort can be overwhelming. So many options, so many promises. I'm here to give you the REAL talk, warts and all. This ain't no picture-perfect Instagram filter, this is my experience. And honestly, it was pretty darn good.
First Impressions: It's a Hike! (But Worth It)
Getting to Mbita is an adventure in itself. Flights, a bumpy ride, but the stunning views just about wipe away the exhaustion. The resort itself is tucked away, almost like it's hiding a secret – which I love. The first thing that hits you is the air. Seriously, it's different. Cleaner, fresher, and laced with the scent of… well, paradise. The accessibility to the resort is decent, the website claims, and I'd say that's mostly true. I think people with mobility challenges will have to clarify details with the resort themselves.
The Rooms: Cozy Chaos (in a good way!)
Okay, I'm a sucker for a good room. And this place didn't disappoint. I landed in one of the non-smoking rooms, which was crucial. It was spacious, well-appointed, and with air conditioning that actually worked (praise be!). The Wi-Fi [free] was surprisingly SOLID. I mean, free Wi-Fi in the middle of nowhere? Score! I'm not sure the exact layout of the rooms, but I remember it being a great fit. Having Wi-Fi in all rooms is an absolute godsend, and it worked great.
The bed? Heaven. Seriously, the extra-long bed and the linens were so ridiculously comfortable, I almost missed my connecting flight because I couldn't drag myself out of it. Okay, I DID miss a meeting. Sorry boss! The private bathroom was clean and had a shower, plus, there was a bathtub if I wanted one. Definitely loved the slippers and bathrobes (those little things really make a difference, don’t you think?). All the necessities were present, and honestly, the room was great to relax in.
Food, Glorious Food! (And a few hiccups)
Let's be real, the food is a HUGE part of the experience. Escape to Paradise had several dining options, and things were pretty good. The Asian cuisine in restaurant was fantastic, and the Western cuisine in restaurant was a comfortable choice.
- The Breakfast [buffet]: Okay, this was a highlight. I’m a sucker for a good buffet, and this one delivered. The Asian breakfast, Western breakfast were amazing, with everything from fresh fruit (the mango was insane) to perfectly cooked eggs. Coffee could've been better, but hey, I'm not complaining. I would be happy to have breakfast in room any day!
- The Dinner Drama: One night, I tried out the a la carte in restaurant, it was interesting. The presentation was beautiful, but the service… well, let’s just say it was "laid-back Kenyan style." I'm not saying it was bad, but it wasn’t exactly speedy. But who cares? I was on holiday! The food was generally amazing.
- The Poolside Bar: Definitely a must-do. Sipping a cocktail by the pool, watching the sunset… pure bliss.
Wellness & Wonders: Relaxation, Kenyan Style
This is where the resort really shines. I basically lived in the spa, people. And I'm not ashamed.
- Massage: Oh. My. Goodness. I got a massage with some of the local oil and felt amazing. I definitely got to relax in the Spa/sauna and even got a Body wrap, all the while I was getting some of the best relaxation.
- Swimming pool: The Pool with view was stunning and the water felt amazing. It's an Swimming pool [outdoor] that you can enjoy anytime.
The resort offers a Fitness center, which I did try out, but mostly I was too busy enjoying the sauna.
Beyond the Beach: Activities and Adventures
- Things to do: If you're in the mood for more than just lounging (and I was, eventually), there's plenty. The Things to do list is long, and you can find more details on the website.
- Water Fun: They have a beach, so that's a plus!
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe and Sound
In today's world, cleanliness and safety are paramount. I was seriously impressed by the resort's commitment.
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays: They were meticulous. I felt completely safe.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: The staff were all wearing masks and following protocols.
- Hand sanitizer was everywhere.
- They also had a doctor/nurse on call and a first aid kit, which is reassuring.
- The rooms were cleaned thoroughly, and they had individually-wrapped food options, so that put my mind at ease.
- Cashless payment service was offered for the convenience of the guests.
The Little Extras: Services and Conveniences
- Concierge: Super helpful. Got me sorted out with a taxi and offered great advice.
- Laundry service: Perfect for those of us who pack light (or just want someone else to do the dirty work).
- Wi-Fi for special events is available if you're planning something big.
For the Fam: Family Fun
I didn't spend too much time for the kids, but it appears that the resort offers some Family/child friendly features, like a babysitting service and kids facilities.
Accessibility Recap:
Although I didn't use them, I saw:
- Facilities for disabled guests.
- Elevator.
Be sure to clarify with the hotel about its accessibility.
The Messy Bits (Because Life Isn't Perfect)
- Internet: While the Internet (Wi-Fi) was good, it could be patchy at times. I was able to upload the pictures, I'm just saying.
- Service Speed: As mentioned before, service can be slow. Embrace it, you're on island time!
- Bugs: There are bugs. It's Africa. Bring bug spray.
Final Verdict (And a Special Offer):
Escape to Paradise: White Stone Beach Resort is an amazing place to relax. It's a little rough around the edges – but that's part of its charm. The staff are friendly, the food is good, and the spa is divine. It's a place to truly switch off and reconnect with yourself (or with your loved ones!).
Here's my deal for you:
Tired of the Everyday Grind? Escape to Paradise!
Book your stay at Escape to Paradise: White Stone Beach Resort today and get a 10% discount on your booking! Also, we're including a complimentary massage for all guests booking a stay of at least 3 nights. Just use code "PARADISEBLISS" when booking online or mention this offer when calling. Be sure to enjoy your stay, tell them Sarah sent you, and let me know what you think!
Escape to Paradise: Bekasi's Luxurious Comfy Design Studio at Grand Kamala Lagoon
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, sterile travel itinerary. This is White Stone Beach Resort, Mbita, Kenya: The Chaotic, Glorious Version (and trust me, I've lived it… or at least imagined myself living it, repeatedly).
Day 1: The Arrival (and the Great Luggage Debacle of '24)
- 7:00 AM: Wake up, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed! (Lies. More like, squinting-at-the-alarm-clock and muttering, "Is it REALLY time?") Chug coffee, slam some toast. Airport bound!
- 9:00 AM: Arrived at the airport, everything is like a breeze, all the documents checked, bags are ready, the plane bound for Kisumu.
- 10:00 AM: The flight went as smooth as they usually do, I remember putting my bag on the overhead compartment.
- 11:00 AM: Landed in Kisumu. Wow, the weather is great, the sun is out, and I feel good about the start.
- 11:30 AM: Meet up with the pre arranged taxi for the ride over.
- 1:00 PM: ARRIVAL AT WHITE STONE BEACH RESORT (cue angelic choir)! Except… wait… where's my luggage?! Apparently, it's gallivanting around somewhere in Nairobi. Fantastic. My "beach chic" wardrobe is now comprised of the wrinkled clothes I wore on the plane. Sigh.
- 1:30 PM: Check into the lodge. It's gorgeous. Seriously. The lake view is breathtaking. Immediately forget about the luggage situation for a brief, blissful moment. Then… the hunger hits.
- 2:00 PM: Lunch at the resort restaurant. Chomp down some fish (delicious, no idea what kind, but delicious!) and try to convince myself I don't need that specific polka-dot swimsuit. (Yeah, right.)
- 3:00 PM: Stroll around the resort. The grounds are manicured, the air is thick with the scent of bougainvillea, and a bunch of curious monkeys are watching me. They know I'm missing my luggage. Evil little things.
- 4:00 PM: Attempt a swim. The lake water is surprisingly warm and inviting. I feel liberated. The missing luggage feels like a distant memory.
- 5:00 PM: Sunset cocktails. This is what all the brochures promised. Magic hour. Sipping something fruity and watching the sky explode with color. Utterly blissful. Suddenly, my phone rings. It's… my luggage! It's on its way! Hallelujah!
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. Finally, finally, I can wear something other than the crumpled travel outfit. This time, I went for a simple dress, and I felt amazing. The dinner was great, and I felt thankful.
- 7:00 PM: Nightcap at the bar. Chat with the friendly staff (they're the best!). Realize I'm slightly sunburned and make a mental note to buy more sunscreen tomorrow.
- 8:00 PM: Fall into bed, exhausted but happy. Dream of polka dots and perfect synchronization.
Day 2: Lake Life and Lemons (and a Little Bit of Chaos)
- 7:00 AM: Wake up gloriously rested. (Okay, maybe it was the cocktails. Still, I FEEL GOOD.)
- 7:30 AM: Breakfast. Fresh fruit, omelets, the works. Fueling up for a morning of adventures in the glorious morning sun.
- 8:30 AM: The Boat Trip of Dreams (and Near-Disaster)! We hop on a boat to tour the lake. It's amazing. The water is glassy, the fishermen wave, and the birds… oh, the birds! We go on a little tour, which was amazing. At one point, the boat's engine sputters, coughs, and dies. Panic sets in. (I may have shrieked a little.) Luckily, the boatman is a pro, and after some tinkering (and a prayer to the boat gods), we're back in business. The views along the tour are surreal.
- 10:30 AM: Back to the resort. A swim in the lake, after almost dying in the lake… not sure if I was okay.
- 11:30 AM: Lunch, by this time I was starving.
- 1:00 PM: I try to relax in front of a book, but I was way too excited from the trip, so much so that I couldn't focus.
- 2:00 PM: A relaxing massage at the resort. I feel like a newborn!
- 3:00 PM: Time to explore the area… I went exploring the local town, but I am getting a bit overwhelmed.
- 5:00 PM: Sundowners by the lake.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner.
- 7:00 PM: A movie night in the resort with the other guests - pretty chill.
- 10:00 PM: Lights out.
Day 3: Farewell (or, "Until Next Time, Maybe")
- 7:00 AM: Wake up, slightly melancholic. The end is near!
- 7:30 AM: Breakfast. This time, I savored every bite, knowing I'd be leaving this little slice of paradise soon.
- 9:00 AM: A final dip in the lake. One last moment of serenity. I realized I was going to miss everything about this place.
- 10:00 AM: Check out.
- 11:00 AM: Another trip!
- 1:00 PM: Back at the Airport.
Important Notes & Ramblings:
- The Monkeys: Keep your valuables close! Those little bandits are opportunistic.
- The Food: Eat everything. Truly. It's all incredible. Be adventurous!
- The Staff: They’re phenomenal. They make you feel welcome. Tip generously!
- The Bugs: Embrace them. They’re part of the experience! Mosquito repellent is your friend.
- Be Prepared for the Unexpected: Things don't always go as planned. Roll with it! The best memories are often made when things go a little… sideways.
- Bring books and a good company: You will need them.
- I give it a 10 out of 10: White Stone Beach Resort, you have my heart. I'm already planning my return. (And this time, I'm making sure my luggage arrives with me!)
So there you have it. My completely unvarnished, utterly human, and hopefully slightly entertaining take on a trip to White Stone Beach Resort. Go. Explore. Get lost. Laugh. And don't forget the sunscreen. You've been warned.
Vienna Hotel Zhengzhou University: Your Perfect Stay Awaits!
So, Escape to Paradise…Is it REALLY Paradise? (Or Just a Pretty Good Beach?)
What are the Rooms Like? (Are We Talking Glamping or Rented-a-Room?)
Food, Glorious Food! (Or, Was It Just Okay?)
What's There To *DO* Besides Lie on the Beach? (Because, Let's Be Honest, I Get Bored)
The Monkeys! Tell Me About the Monkeys! (Are They Plotting My Downfall?)
Is it Safe? (I Overthink Everything, Sorry!)
What's the Vibe? (Is It a Party Scene or a Relax-and-Recharge Kind of Place?)
Any Tips for the Escape to Paradise Newbies?

