
Saithong Resort Trang: Thailand's Hidden Paradise Awaits!
Saithong Resort Trang: Thailand's Hidden Paradise…Or a Paradise with a Quirky Edge? My Honest Review!
Alright, buckle up buttercups! Because I've just returned from a whirlwind adventure to Saithong Resort Trang, and I’m ready to spill the beans. Forget the glossed-over travel brochures; this is the real deal, warts and all. And believe me, there are some fascinating warts to discuss.
SEO Keywords: Saithong Resort Trang, Thailand, Trang, Hotel Review, Accessibility, Wheelchair Accessible, Spa, Swimming Pool, Restaurants, Wi-Fi, Safety, Cleanliness, Family Friendly, Beach Resort, Southern Thailand, Tranquility, Relaxation, Hidden Gem, Holiday, Vacation.
First Impressions: Paradise Found (Maybe?)…
Okay, so the tagline "Thailand's Hidden Paradise Awaits!"… I'm not gonna lie, it’s a bold claim. And upon arrival, the Saithong Resort does make a compelling case. The setting is undeniably gorgeous. Lush greenery explodes everywhere like a Van Gogh painting, and the sheer peacefulness hits you like a warm hug. The resort is nestled in a tranquil haven, away from the usual tourist throngs.
Accessibility - A Mixed Bag (and My Knee Hurts Thinking About It!)
Now, let's get real. When they say "Facilities for disabled guests," that can mean anything. Saithong, bless its heart, is trying. But my initial optimism took a nosedive.
- Wheelchair Accessible: Sort of. The main areas – the lobby, the restaurant – were manageable, with ramps and elevators. But navigating the lush grounds was a bit of a workout. Some pathways were uneven, and the sheer scale of the place made for a lot of pushing. I'd rate it a solid…7/10 for accessibility.
- Additional Accessibility Notes: My Room? Pretty roomy. Didn't get a full view, though. They did have a room specifically designed with facilities for disabled guests, but I don’t have the details if one can be booked or not, and I didn't request it.
The "Good" Stuff - Rest, Relaxation, and Maybe a Tiny Bit of Bliss
Okay, so here's where Saithong shines. If you're looking to unplug and unwind, you're in luck.
- Spa/Relaxation: THE SPA! Oh my god, the spa. I spent a glorious afternoon there, and it was divine. The Body Scrub was the perfect antidote to a long flight, and the Massage was pure, unadulterated heaven. Seriously, I swear I felt years melt away. They also have a Sauna, Steamroom, and Pool View. The Foot Bath was an added bonus. I even took the time to try the Body Wrap. I’m not sure what it did, but it smelled good and I felt relaxed.
- Swimming Pool: The outdoor Swimming Pool is a star. Beautiful, refreshing, and the perfect place to soak up the sun and forget about the world. The Poolside Bar kept the refreshments flowing, too.
- Things to Do: It's all about relaxing, so if you're looking for wild nightlife, this ain't it. But if you're into things like Bicycle Parking, then you are in luck. I did see a Fitness Center, but I don't do those things.
Food Glorious Food (with a Side of Maybe a Bit Overpriced)
- Restaurants: They’ve got several options. The main restaurant offers a Buffet in restaurant and an Asian Cuisine in restaurant, with a nod to International Cuisine in restaurant. They also had a Snack Bar. and Coffee/tea in restaurant. I even found a Vegetarian restaurant.
- Eating Experience: They provided a Breakfast [buffet] and Breakfast service, a Happy hour for a drink. The food itself was generally pretty good, but I did find the prices a little on the steep side.
- Additional Notes: I loved the Coffee shop for a quick caffeine boost.
Cleanliness and Safety - They're Trying (and That's What Counts)
- Safety Measures: They're taking Cleanliness and safety seriously. Lots of Hand sanitizer stations scattered around, and the staff were diligent about wearing masks. I saw Anti-viral cleaning products being used, and they had Daily disinfection in common areas.
- Covid-19 Precautions: There’s a Physical distancing of at least 1 meter enforced, meaning that they aren’t cramming you in. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items are being used.
- Additional Safety: The Front desk [24-hour] is nice, as is the Security [24-hour]. And I did notice CCTV in common areas and outside the property.
Rooms - Comfortable, with a Few Quirks (and a Great View!)
- Amenities: The rooms were comfortable and thoughtfully equipped. The Air conditioning was a lifesaver, the Air conditioning in public area allowed me to breath for a while.
- My Experience: There were Complimentary tea and Free bottled water, as well as a Coffee/tea maker that allowed me to enjoy a good morning start of the day, and a Refrigerator. I had a Seating area.
- More Details: The Bed was comfy, with an Extra long bed for tall people like me. There were Bathrobes for lounging, Slippers, a Mirror and Towels, with a Desk to work from, if I had wanted.
- Odd things I was not expecting were a Bathroom phone and a Scale.
- Added Notes There may or may not have been an Interconnecting room(s) available, because I didn't need that. I'm pretty sure there was an Ironing facilities.
- Additional Options: Non-smoking rooms are available. In-room safe box, a Wake-up service, Telephone, Hair dryer, Reading light, Closet, Laptop workspace, Smoke detector, Window that opens.
Services and Conveniences - Your Comfort is Their Goal (Mostly)
- Core Services: The Daily housekeeping was efficient, and I appreciated the Luggage storage and the Laundry service. They have all the basic needs covered, like Currency exchange and a Concierge.
- Nice-to-Haves: There was a Gift/souvenir shop (perfect for last-minute presents!). I also spotted a Convenience store (always handy for snacks!).
- Other Options I haven't mentioned, include: Car park [free of charge], Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Ironing service, Meeting/banquet facilities, Safety deposit boxes, Terrace, Xerox/fax in business center,
For the Kids - Family-Friendly (But Check the Babysitting!)
- Family-Friendly: The resort is generally Family/child friendly. There are Kids facilities and, I believe, Kids meal.
- Details: They offer Babysitting service, but I didn't use it, which is okay.
Getting Around - Explore (But Maybe Not Too Far)
- Transportation: They offer Airport transfer, which is super convenient.
- Additional Notes: There's Car park [on-site], and even Taxi service.
Internet - Hit or Miss (Prepare to Be Frustrated!)
- Internet Chaos: The Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a lie. Okay, not entirely. It exists, but its performance is…well, let's just say I spent a lot of time staring at spinning wheels. The Wi-Fi in public areas was only slightly better. If you need reliable internet for work or streaming, this is not your resort.
- Other options: There is also Internet [LAN] and Internet services, if that is more your cup of tea.
Check-in/out - Smooth Sailing (Mostly)
- Check-In: They have Check-in/out [express]. It was efficient, and the staff were friendly.
The "Hidden Paradise" Verdict?
Saithong Resort Trang has its flaws, no question. Some aspects are a bit clunky. But…there's a certain charm to the place. It's a genuine attempt at creating a relaxing escape, and for the most part, they succeed. It's not perfect, but it's real.
My Score: 7.5/10 (Room for improvement, but overall a positive experience!)
My Recommendation for the Perfect Experience: Go in with realistic expectations. Embrace the quirks. Plan for some downtime doing absolutely nothing. And definitely book a massage!
SEO-Optimized Persuasive Offer: Book Your Escape to Saithong Resort Trang!
Tired of the Tourist Traps? Discover Tranquility at Saithong Resort Trang!
**Unveiling Royal Luxury: Delhi NCR's Most Opulent Hotel Awaits!**
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this itinerary for Saithong Resort in Trang, Thailand? It’s gonna be less "polished travel brochure" and more "me, yelling into the void with a map." Prepare for rambling, questionable decisions, and the undeniable scent of sunscreen and regret.
Saithong Resort: My Sanity’s (and My Bank Account’s) Demise - An Itinerary (Maybe?)
Day 1: Arrival, Beach Bliss (and Potential Disaster)
Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Arrive at Trang Airport. Oh god, I'm already sweating. The humidity hits you like a warm, sticky blanket. I'm supposed to have pre-booked a transfer to Saithong Resort, but… did I? Deep breath. Okay, let’s pretend I did. Otherwise, it's the glorious, public taxi/rickshaw roulette. Fingers crossed I don't get taken for a total ride.
Mid-Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Finally, sweet, sweet Saithong Resort. Check-in. Hopefully, the room is actually what I booked, and not some damp closet with a view of a washing machine. Let's hope the air con works, because I'm pretty sure my internal temperature already rivals the equator. Find the pool and immediately dive in. Preferably before any rogue geckos decide to join me.
Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Okay, let's get serious about food. It's all about the street food, right? Right! Stroll along the beach, scoping out the vendors. Pad Thai? Spring rolls? Fresh fruit (god please let it be mango season!). I will order too much. It’s in my nature. Expect a nap to immediately follow.
Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Beach time! Sun, sand, and general relaxation. This is what I came for. Snorkeling. Maybe. If I can convince myself to enter the water. The ocean is always so… vast. Build a sandcastle. Actually, no, I'm going to stare at the ocean and try to ignore my slowly getting a sunburn. Drink something with a tiny umbrella. Probably several somethings. Regret will come later.
Evening (5:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Sunset drinks. This is non-negotiable. Find a beach bar, preferably with a swing. Pro tip: take MORE pictures of the sunset than you think you should. You won’t take enough.
Dinner (6:00 PM - onwards): Dinner at a beachfront restaurant. This is where things could get… messy. Over the course of the evening, I will over-order. I will probably struggle to use my chopsticks. There will be embarrassing spillages. I will laugh at myself. That’s a guarantee. Then, I'll likely wander back along the beach, full of food and moonlight, and make promises I can't keep (like learning Thai). Finish up with some fried banana thingies.
Day 2: Island Hopping (and My Fears of Boats)
Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): The dreaded wake-up call. And it'll be even worse because I didn't set an alarm. Coffee and a quick breakfast. Hopefully, I haven’t completely ruined my stomach. Oh, island tour is here. I feel… mildly nauseous already, and we haven't even gotten on the boat.
Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): The island tour. This is the "must-do" thing, right? Prepare for me to turn into a human photo booth. Coral! Fish! More sand! I've heard Koh Mook is awesome. The Emerald Cave. I'm picturing myself, a graceful swimmer, gliding through the cave, like a mermaid. (In reality, I'll probably be flailing gracelessly, swallowing seawater, and panicking.)
Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Lunch on a deserted island. Bring lots of sunscreen. I will get sunburnt on my nose, even though I will meticulously apply sunscreen all day.
Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): More island hopping. Snorkeling. Praying I don't get seasick. Seriously, please, ocean gods, be merciful. Maybe try to find some peace and quiet. Easier said than done with a boat full of… people.
Late Afternoon (4:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Back to the resort. If I survive the boat trip. Shower away the salt and sand.
Evening (5:00 PM - onwards): Dinner and a relaxing time at the resort's restaurant. Reflect on the day (and all the things I’m probably going to forget.) Or go for some Thai massage. After all the sweating, my muscles hurt.
Day 3: Beach Days (and Potential Self-Reflection)
Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Sleep in! Hurray! Or maybe not. Maybe I'm up before anyone else, and I am on the beach for sunrise. This is probably not going to happen, though. Breakfast and…more beach time.
Mid-Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Doubling down on that single experience. Today, I am going to really focus on the beach. I will walk the entire stretch of sand, examining every seashell. I will try to read a book (and probably fail). I will really concentrate on the sound of the waves. I will try to clear my mind (and immediately get distracted by a crab). I will find a little hut, far away from anyone, and try to enjoy the atmosphere. I will reflect on my life choices. And I'll probably get sand in my underwear.
Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Back at the beach. Find a little restaurant on the sand and just enjoy a casual meal there.
Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): More of the same. Sun. Sand. Sea. Maybe a nap. Definitely a nap. The sun is relentless. Maybe get a massage.
Late Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Packing and shopping. This is when I start to feel the impending sadness of leaving. Find some souvenirs that I will promptly forget when I get home. Bargain! Smile! Try to remember to pack.
Evening (6:00 PM - onwards): Farewell dinner. Try to have a really great meal. Watch the sunset. Feel emotions. Write in my journal. Cry a little.
Day 4: Departure (and Existential Dread)
Morning (8:00 AM): Wake up. Resist the urge to start over.
Late Morning (9:00 AM): Check out. Did I leave anything behind? Probably. Taxi to the airport.
Departure (12:00 PM): Goodbye, paradise. Hello, real life.
Epilogue:
Did I stick to this itinerary? Absolutely not. Did I love every messy, imperfect second of it? Absolutely. Saithong Resort, you beautiful, humid, occasionally chaotic beast. I'll be back. Eventually. After I've saved enough money and recovered from the sunburn. And after I’ve finally learned how to properly use chopsticks.
Aloraa Homes: Dehradun's Dream Homes Await!
Saithong Resort Trang: Your Burning Questions Answered (and My Slightly Unhinged Opinions)
Okay, seriously, is Saithong Resort *actually* hidden? Because half the time "hidden paradise" means "two hours down a dirt road and no signal."
Okay, truth bomb: it's *kinda* hidden. It's not like you're hacking your way through the jungle with a machete, but it's definitely off the beaten path. You'll need to drive (or get a taxi – bargain hard!) from Trang town. The scenery's gorgeous on the way, though. Think lush rice paddies, rubber tree plantations... And yes, there are parts where the internet *might* give up on you. I actually kinda liked that. It forced me to, you know, *look* at the scenery. The first time I went, my phone died – a total *disaster* I thought at the time. Now? Best. Thing. Ever. (Except maybe the lack of air conditioning in the restaurant... story coming...)
What's the beach *really* like? Are we talking white sand and crystal clear water, or more like "sand and questionable debris"? Be brutally honest.
Alright, alright, let’s get real. The beach is… amazing. Honestly. Yes, white sand. Yes, crystal (mostly) clear water. There might be a stray bit of seaweed here and there (hello, nature!), but nothing truly offensive. The tide sometimes brings in interesting things. Once I saw a HUGE jellyfish… I panicked. (Okay, *maybe* I screamed a little. Don’t judge me, those things are terrifying!) But generally? Picture postcard perfect. It's the kind of beach where you actually *want* to spend all day.
The bungalows... are they basic? Luxury? Somewhere in between? And what's the mosquito situation like? (Asking for a friend... who is me.)
The bungalows are charming. Not the Ritz, mind you. Think: rustic chic. Think: air conditioning that sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't (I learned to embrace the sea breeze...). Think: a balcony where you can sit and watch the sun set and fantasize about a life where you never have to check your email again (tempting!). And yes, the mosquito situation is… a thing. Bring a good mosquito repellent, the strongest you can find. They are tenacious little vampires. Tip: spray your ankles. I made the mistake of *not* spraying my ankles once. Worst. Decision. Ever. The bites itched for a *week*. Lesson learned the hard way, people.
Food! Tell me about the food! Is it authentic? Delicious? Do they offer vegetarian options? (Because I need my vegetables).
The food... okay. This is where things get… interesting. Generally, it's delicious! Authentic Thai food, beautifully cooked. Fresh seafood, curries that will blow your mind (and maybe make you sweat a little!). Delicious. But. And this is a big BUT. The restaurant did *not* always have air conditioning! I repeat: NO AIR CONDITIONING! Which, let me tell you, is a bit of a trial when you're trying to eat a spicy green curry, sweat dripping down your face, and the only relief is a wimpy fan that barely moves the air. I’m not gonna lie, It made me grumpy. Vegetarian options? Yes! (Phew!). They’re often happy to adapt dishes, too. Just ask. But seriously… AC!
What's there to *do* at Saithong besides, you know, being horizontal? I am not designed to lie around forever.
Okay, fair point. While horizontal is definitely a viable option (and one I've embraced wholeheartedly), there's more to do! You can swim, obviously. Snorkel. Kayak. Explore the surrounding islands. Go for long walks along the beach. Or, you know, you can just sit and read a book and watch the waves. That's a perfectly valid activity, too. There are massages available (highly recommended!). There are boat trips you can organize. The staff? They're genuinely lovely and will help you with pretty much anything. Just don't expect a giant waterpark. This is about chilling out and enjoying the simplicity of life. Or… maybe bring along a beach volleyball. I might regret this suggestion.
Is this good for families? Or is it more of a romantic getaway kind of place?
Both! It depends on your family. Small kids? Probably a huge YES. Older kids, it greatly depends on what they like. They'd love the beach. Think quiet games. If they demand non-stop entertainment, maybe not so much. Romance? Absolutely! Imagine: sunsets on the beach, candlelit dinners, the sound of the waves... It's perfect for couples. I actually saw a proposal happen there once. I almost cried. (I blame the sea breeze and being a hopeless romantic.)
How do I even get there? Give me the nitty gritty.
Okay, here's the deal. Fly into Trang Airport (TST). Easy peasy. Then, you'll need to arrange transport to the resort. You can usually get a taxi from the airport, or the resort might be able to arrange a transfer for you. Be prepared for a bit of a drive. Embrace it! It's part of the adventure! Or plan for your own vehicle to arrive. It may be challenging!
Are there any downsides I should be aware of? Be honest! (And no, I don't mean the mosquitoes. I already know about those.)
Okay, fine. Besides the potential for a lack of AC (which, honestly, might be a deal-breaker for some), it's not the flashiest or fanciest place. It's all about down-to-earth charm, so if you're expecting five-star luxury, you might be disappointed. Service can be a little slow sometimes, but that's part of the laid-back vibe. Also, depending on the time of year, there might be a bit of debris washed up on the beach. And… (I'm trying to be honest here) … I got terribly sunburnt *once*. Even though I wore sunscreen. Lesson learned: reapply, reapply, reapply! So, yeah, some imperfect elements. But honestly? Those tiny imperfections add to the charm!

