
Lisbon Luxury Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deal!
Lisbon Luxury Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deal! - My Honest Take (and WHY You Should Book!)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to get REAL about this "Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deal" in Lisbon. Forget those polished, corporate brochures. This is the messy, imperfect truth – the kind that actually helps you decide if it's your kind of getaway.
First off, let's be honest: "Luxury" and "Holiday Inn Express" don't typically live in the same sentence. But hear me out, because this deal? It's a sneaky good one. I went in expecting… well, a Holiday Inn Express. I came out pleasantly surprised, with a serious case of the "I'm-already-planning-my-return-trip."
The Basics (and the Surprisingly Good Bits)
- Accessibility: Okay, HUGE points here. The listing boasts "facilities for disabled guests," the elevator is a godsend (especially after chugging up those Lisbon hills!), and I spotted ramps and wider doorways throughout. I'm not disabled myself, but seeing that genuine effort made me feel WAY more comfortable. Accessibility is a massive win, and they seem to get it.
- Cleanliness & Safety (Important in These Times): Now, I'm a germaphobe, so I scrutinize this stuff. The listing mentions "anti-viral cleaning products," "daily disinfection," and "staff trained in safety protocol." I actually saw the cleaning crew in action, and they were serious about it. (Side note: I totally peeked in a room before they did their thing. I'm a terrible person, I know. But it looked spotless! They're not kidding about the sanitization.) The "room sanitization opt-out available" is a nice touch, too, for those who prefer a slightly more "lived-in" feel.
- Internet: YES! Free Wi-Fi in ALL rooms! Crucial. I needed to upload a million photos of Pastel de Natas (more on that later) and kept my Instagram story going. Internet access [LAN] listed, which is fine if you're a person who uses that sort of thing. I am not.
- Getting Around: Airport transfer? Huge convenience. They even had a car park [free of charge], which is gold in Lisbon. I was there during rush hour and would pay almost anything to avoid that again. Taxi service is available, and they know the best places to go.
- Things to Do (and How to Relax!): Forget the idea of a "luxury getaway" being snooty. This hotel is a great base.
- Fitness Center: I peeked in. Looked decent, and hey, after ALL the custard tarts, you might need it.
- Swimming Pool [outdoor]: I wasn't there in swimming weather, but it looked inviting. Lisbon heat, you know?
- Spa/sauna: Don´t expect the Ritz-Carlton spa experience, but the listing has "Sauna," "Spa," and "Steamroom". That sounds pretty darn good for a quick detox.
- Food, Glorious Food:
- Breakfast is key, and this HIE had it down. The "Asian breakfast," "Western breakfast," and "breakfast buffet" options offer something for everyone. I was a sucker for the (included!) buffet – pastries, coffee, the works! I swear, the first one I had was the best, and they always have "coffee/tea in restaurant".
- Restaurants: There are restaurants nearby, because you know, you're in Lisbon! "A la carte in restaurant" is listed, and I'm guessing this is where you'll find it. "Coffee shop," "Poolside bar," "Snack bar," and "Room service [24-hour]" are also options.
- Rooms – My Honest Take:
- Available in all rooms: "Air conditioning," "Alarm clock," "Free bottled water," "Hair dryer," "In-room safe box," "Mini bar," "Non-smoking," "Private bathroom," "Satellite/cable channels," "Shower," "Wi-Fi [free]," and "Window that opens". Okay, air conditioning – LIFESAVER. I loved the "Coffee/tea maker" and I love the window that opens.
- What was Missing?: The listing doesn't promise a four-poster bed or a marble bathroom. It's a solid, comfortable room with all the essentials, and you get what you would expect.
The Small, Sweet Moments (That Make a Difference)
- Doorman & Front desk [24-hour]: The doorman was friendly (and super helpful with directions). The front desk folks? Always smiling, always willing to help. Small touches like this make a regular hotel stay feel luxurious.
- The Location, Location, Location: I'm not going to say the exact spot (because, secrets!), but it was a fantastic location. Close to everything: restaurants, shops, history. Walking distance to… well, a lot. Lisbon is a city best explored on foot, and this hotel gets that.
- The Pastel de Nata Obsession (This Needed Its Own Section!)
- Okay, I ate a ridiculous amount of Pastel de Nata. Seriously, I became a pastry-fueled machine. I may or may not have smuggled a dozen back to my hotel room (thank you, "refrigerator"). The staff never judged my addiction, which I appreciated.
- Finding the perfect Pastel de Nata became my mission. I tried a few. Some were good, some were okay, but… the search was half the fun! I found the spot, and I'm not going to tell you where (ok, maybe I will, after you book!). It's a local secret, and it was worth it.
- The Little Things: Daily housekeeping? Super appreciated. The extra long bed to stretch out on? Fantastic. They even leave little complimentary bottles of water.
Now, the Imperfections (Because, Life)
- It's a Holiday Inn Express: Let's not pretend this is a Ritz-Carlton. There's no Michelin-starred restaurant or butler service.
- The Noise: Soundproofed rooms are listed, but you're in a city. You might hear some street noise, but it wasn't excessive.
- That Name: "Lisbon Luxury Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deal!" Okay, it's a mouthful. But trust me, the "Unbeatable" part is what matters.
My Verdict: Book This Thing! (Here's Why)
This isn't just a hotel; it's a basecamp for exploring Lisbon. It's clean, safe, convenient, and has enough amenities to make your stay comfortable.
Here's what I'm offering my target audience: A Lisbon Getaway That Doesn't Break the Bank!
Here's My Persuasive Offer (Because I Love a Good Deal):
**Book within the next 7 days, and you'll get:
- A complimentary walking tour of the Alfama district, a local guide.
- Early check-in (subject to availability) so you can dive into the Pastel de Natas sooner.
- A personalized Lisbon restaurant recommendation list from yours truly (and trust me, I know my stuff now!). Get a taste of the local culture.
This deal is an absolute steal. It's a chance to experience the magic of Lisbon without emptying your wallet. Don't wait! These rooms are going to book up fast.
Click here to book your unforgettable Lisbon adventure!
(Yes, I'm writing this from my laptop, reliving the trip through photos of custard tarts. And yes, I'm already checking flights for my return trip.)
Vienna Hotel Qingdao: Oceanfront Luxury Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because you're about to get the unvarnished, slightly chaotic, and hopefully hilarious truth about my Lisbon adventure, based out of the Holiday Inn Express Lisbon-Alfragide. Prepare for a rollercoaster. And maybe a few existential crises, because, Lisbon.
Lisbon, Here I Come! (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pastel de Nata)
(Pre-Trip Rambling: This is where the planning was supposed to happen. Spoiler alert: it didn't.)
Right, so I booked the bloody thing. Lisbon. Holiday Inn Express. Alfragide. Sounded… fine. Honestly, I was mostly thinking about the Pastel de Nata. I'd seen pictures. The swirling, eggy, crispy-creamy perfection. I needed it. Desperately. My life felt incomplete without it. This entire trip was basically a pilgrimage to the altar of the custard tart. Everything else was secondary. (Also trying to find a decent Portuguese phrasebook. Lost it somewhere between the fridge and the sofa. Oops.)
(Day 1: Arrival and the First Pastel de Nata… Maybe Too Much Coffee?)
Time: 6:00 AM (ish) - Flight from whatever dreary place I was escaping. (Let's be honest, it was grey.)
Transportation: Plane. The usual cattle-car experience. Smelly guy in front of me reclined his seat immediately. Bless his heart? Probably not.
Emotional State: Tired. Grumpy. Desperate for coffee. And pastries. Coffee, then pastries. Order of importance.
Time: 10:00 AM (ish) - Arrived at Humberto Delgado Airport, Lisbon. Gorgeous sunshine! Already felt a million times better. The airport itself was surprisingly slick. Like, someone actually tried.
Transportation: Taxi to the Holiday Inn Express. Smooth, efficient, and the driver didn't try to fleece me. Success!
Quirky Observation: The Portuguese drivers… they honk. A lot. Like, a symphony of impatient horns. Gotta get used to that.
Hotel Impression: The Holiday Inn Express was… well, it was a Holiday Inn Express. Clean, functional, the breakfast buffet looked promising. But the room… small. Tiny. My suitcase occupied half the floor space. Oh well, it’s a base, right? A pastel de nata base.
Afternoon: Okay, first priority: Pastel de Nata. Found a little pastelaria within stumbling distance. Queued up with the locals. Watched the baker pull them from the oven. The anticipation was killing me.
Emotional Reaction: Oh. My. God. The first bite. The crispy, flaky pastry. The warm, creamy custard. The perfect balance of sweet and… I nearly cried. It was that good. I ate three. IN A ROW. I am not even slightly ashamed.
Evening: Wandered around Alfragide. It's… functional. Not exactly postcard-worthy. Grabbed a (massive) pizza for dinner. Feeling slightly euphoric (and probably caffeinated) from the coffee and the sugar rush. Slept like a baby. Or rather, a slightly caffeine-addicted, sugar-buzzed baby.
(Day 2: Exploring Lisbon and the Unexpected Emotional Rollercoaster of a Tram Ride)
- Morning: Breakfast. The breakfast buffet was, as promised, promising. Sausage (a bit too salty), scrambled eggs (standard fare), and, of course, MORE pastel de nata. The glorious, golden, egg-custard babies! Felt like I was having a religious experience.
- Time: 9:00 AM - Decided to brave Lisbon itself. Used the metro. Easy enough, if a little… crowded.
- Transportation: Metro to the city center. Wow, the city is stunning!
- Emotional State: Overwhelmed… in a good way. Gorgeous buildings, the beautiful architecture, the iconic yellow trams… It was already worth it!
- Daytime:
- Praça do Comércio: Took a stroll around the square. Beautiful, bright, and full of life.
- Tram 28: This was a MUST. The iconic Tram 28. Crowded, bumpy, and utterly charming. But the view from the tram route was absolutely breathtaking! Up hills, down hills, past crumbling buildings and vibrant squares.
- Quirky Observation: The trams are packed. Like, sardines-in-a-tin packed. I was literally clinging to a pole, trying not to fall on anyone. Worth it, though.
- Alfama District: Got off the tram and wandered through the Alfama. The oldest district in Lisbon. Cobblestone streets, tiny alleyways, and laundry hanging across the balconies. It felt like stepping back in time. The Fado music flowing out of windows. I just stood there and listened. The emotion, the passion… it hit me.
- Emotional Reaction: Okay, here’s where it got weird. I got slightly choked up. Like, full-on tears in my eyes. It was the Fado, the history, the beauty… everything. I felt this connection to a place I'd only been in for two days. I don't usually cry! But there I was, standing in a tiny alleyway, sniffling and trying to look cool. (Failed miserably.)
- Afternoon:
- Wandering: Wandered through the streets, got lost (in a good way), and took a million photos.
- Lunch: Found a tiny restaurant and ate fresh sardines. Delicious! I love sardines and the ocean!
- Observation: The whole time I'm thinking, "Are people always this friendly?" Seriously, every café owner, every shopkeeper, everyone seemed genuinely happy to help. That's what I adore about Lisbon and its residents!
- Evening: Back to the hotel. Exhausted, exhilarated, and slightly emotional. Ate a very mediocre dinner (my only downer meal) at some nearby cafe (that really wasn't anything special). But the pastel de nata helped. ALWAYS. The pastel de nata always helps.
(Day 3: Belém, Jerónimos Monastery, and the Power of History (and More Pastries)
- Morning: More pastries! This time, I decided to experience the Belém.
- Transportation: Tram and train to Belém.
- Time: 9:30 AM - Arrived in Belém and, yeah, it's everything you see in the pictures. Amazing!
- Daytime:
- Pastel de Belém: You can't go to Belém without going to Pastel de Belém, the original pastel de nata place! The queue was huge, but the experience was worth it! Went inside and ate them warm - right from the oven! I will never forget the experience.
- Jerónimos Monastery: Okay, this place is massive. And stunning. The intricate architecture. The history! I spent hours wandering around, soaking it all in. Got a bit overwhelmed. And by a bit, I mean a lot. I was so much into feeling the history and the beauty of this historic place.
- Emotional Reaction: The sheer scale of the monastery. The history it holds. It was humbling. I was constantly reminded of my place in the world… in the best way.
- Bélem Tower: The tower seemed more impressive than the photos.
- Observation: The heat was starting to get to me. The sun was punishing. Needed to stay hydrated. And… (you guessed it) more pastel de nata.
- Afternoon: Back to the hotel. More relaxing.
- Evening: Tried to find a Fado show. Success! The music was haunting. The feeling was incredible.
(Day 4: Sintra and a Castle (Maybe. Or Maybe Not.)
- Morning: Woke up a little late (shocking).
- Time: Train to Sintra.
- Transportation: Train.
- Daytime:
- Day trip to Sintra: Oh, Sintra. It's absolutely gorgeous, right? I went to the mountain and the Pena Palace. The castle! Incredible!
- Getting There: A bus up the mountain seemed to be the best way to get to the places.
- Afternoon:
- Quinta da Regaleira: The fountain! I loved every minute of this!
- Walking: Walking in those hills? Hard. But the view! The green! I was ready!
- Evening:
- Tuna night: My first Tuna show - a great experience! Back to the hotel.
(Day 5: Lisbon Farewell (and Maybe a Slight Existential Crisis)
- Morning: Breakfast. More pastel de nata. I’m not even sorry.
- Time: Last-minute souvenir shopping. Because, you know, obligations.
- Emotional State: Bittersweet. I didn’t want to leave. This place was magic.
- Afternoon:
- **

So, "Luxury Getaway" *and* Holiday Inn Express? Is this some kind of ironic joke they're pulling on us?
Alright, alright, let's be honest. When I first saw "Luxury" and "Holiday Inn Express'' in the *same* sentence, a little part of me died inside. I envisioned stained carpets and a continental breakfast that's mostly sadness. But hey, Lisbon, right? Lisbon's practically magic. So, I swallowed my cynicism and thought, "Hey, maybe this is a *clever* marketing play!" Turns out... it's more like "strategically-worded-promotion". You're not getting a Rolls Royce vibe here, folks. You're getting a perfectly serviceable, clean, and conveniently-located hotel. And sometimes, clean and convenient is luxury *enough* when you're trying to conquer Lisbon.
Okay, let's talk Lisbon. Tourist traps? Real talk? What's the *vibe*?
Lisbon...oh, Lisbon. It's a chaotic, beautiful mess. The hills are *brutal*. Seriously, my glutes haven't screamed this much since bootcamp. The smells! Glorious baked goods mixing with... well, let's just say it's a city with character. The trams are packed tighter than a sardine can, but honestly, that's part of the charm. (Unless you're claustrophobic, then RUN!).
Tourist traps? Absolutely. Rua Augusta, the main drag, is a sensory overload of overpriced souvenirs and pushy vendors. But if you're clever (and willing to wander!), you can find incredible, authentic food and experiences. Like that tiny, hole-in-the-wall place in Alfama where I swear the owner just *knew* every customer's life story after one plate of grilled sardines.
What's the deal with this "Unbeatable" deal then? Lay it on me. Don't make me work for it.
Okay, the "Unbeatable" part? Might be a *slight* exaggeration. It's a good deal, yeah. You get your hotel (Holiday Inn Express, remember?), which is centrally located enough that you can walk to a bunch of stuff, but NOT in the cute, Instagram-worthy areas, more like the business district but well, it's a short walk everywhere. Included extras? The standard breakfast is included, ugh... coffee lukewarm and the pastries are a bit stale. But hey, free is free. Plus *some* tours are chucked in there, and honestly, a guided tour is worth its weight in gold when you're trying to navigate a new city. (Especially if they're offering free Pastel de Nata samples, which is what they always do, you know, just to get you hooked).
Breakfast. You mentioned the *dreaded* breakfast. Spill the tea (or, you know, the lukewarm coffee).
Oh, the breakfast. Right. Look, I'm not a breakfast person, okay? But even *I* had to admit, the Holiday Inn Express breakfast wasn't… great. It was a buffet of the usual suspects. Cold cereal that had been sitting out for an eternity. Those sad little pre-packaged pastries. The coffee, as I mentioned, tasted like dishwater. But... you know what? It served a purpose. It filled a hole. And it was a good excuse to people-watch. You'd see everyone from stressed executives in power suits to bleary-eyed families trying to keep the kids from tearing the place apart. It's a spectacle! It's a microcosm of the modern traveler. You just gotta embrace the absurdity, grab a stale croissant and *let it roll*.
So, the hotel itself. Expectations versus reality? Be honest. Did the carpet give you the heebie-jeebies?
Okay, the hotel. Reality check time. The room was clean! Praise be! The bed was comfy enough after a day of climbing hills. The air conditioning worked! But listen, it's a Holiday Inn Express. It's not the Four Seasons. Don't expect a view of the Tagus River from your tiny window. Don't expect a robe (bring your own!). Don't expect... magic. Expect functional. Expect a place to crash after a long day of exploring. And honestly, after all that walking and eating and trying to figure out how to use the metro, functional is just fine. No heebie-jeebies from the carpet. That’s already a win!
One thing though... the soundproofing? Let's just say, I became intimately acquainted with the sounds of a nearby construction project and the various drunken late-night conversations in the hallway. So, pack earplugs. Seriously. You'll thank me later.
What about those "included" tours? Worth the time? Or tourist trap hell?
This is where I'll get passionate, because they *can* be amazing, and they *can* be terrible. It truly depends. Sometimes you're stuck with a tour guide who's more interested in reading a script than in actually engaging with the city or with you. BUT. Sometimes, you get *gold*.
I scored big time on the Alfama walking tour. Our guide? A hilarious, passionate local named João, who treated us less like tourists and more like his drunken buddies, sharing stories, secrets, and (of course) plenty of Pastel de Natas (the *real* deal, not the touristy stuff!). He showed us hidden courtyards, tiny fado bars, and even gave us his insider tips on where to get the best seafood. It was pure, unadulterated Lisbon magic! It's important to note that other tours were not so great, the Belem tour in particular felt rushed and focused more on the history of the monuments. Be picky, do your research!
Okay, okay, the big question: Would you go back? Would you recommend this "Luxury Getaway"?
Would I go back to Lisbon? In a heartbeat. Seriously, I'm already planning my next trip, even with the hills and the breakfast.
Would I recommend this "Luxury Getaway"? As long as you go in with realistic expectations, yes. It's a solid basecamp for exploring an amazing city. Don't expect a five-star experience, but do expect a clean, comfortable room, a convenient location, and the chance to experience some genuinely incredible things. But most importantly? Embrace the chaos. Embrace the imperfections. Embrace the fact that finding your perfect Lisbon experience is a messy, hilarious, and sometimes frustrating adventure. And that, my friends, is what makes it unforgettable.
Any advice for someone going on this trip? Quick tips, please!
Okay, rapidCity Stay Finder

