
Canberra's BEST Kept Secret: Rex Hotel & Apartments!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the beans on Canberra's… wait for it… Rex Hotel & Apartments. Now, I'm not usually one for glowing reviews, you know, I'm a real person! But this place… this place might just be a revelation. Forget all the dry, corporate travel brochure jazz, I’m gonna tell you the truth. And the truth, folks, is that the Rex is seriously underrated. It’s Canberra’s best kept secret, and I’m about to let the cat out of the bag, so pay attention!
First Impressions & the Gut Check (Accessibility, Cleanliness, and Safety – the boring, but important stuff):
Okay, so I’m a bit of a germophobe (don't judge!), especially after… well, you know. And the Rex? Honestly, they nail it. Cleanliness? Spot on. They’re all over the anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, the whole shebang. I even saw the staff wiping down door handles like they were gold. And that's reassuring in this day and age, let's be honest. Speaking of which, the hand sanitizer stations? Plenty. Hygiene certification? Yep. And they even have the room sanitization opt-out available. Which, let me tell you, for someone who is very particular, is such a HUGE relief.
Accessibility? They’ve got it covered. Facilities for disabled guests, elevator, the works. I didn’t personally test it, but from what I saw, it's genuinely accommodating. Not just a token effort. Bonus points!
Safety? Oh, they're vigilant. CCTV in common areas and outside the property, security [24-hour], smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, the whole nine yards. You feel… safe. Which, as a solo traveler, is golden.
(Okay, Breathe. Now for the Fun Stuff – Dining, Amenities, and… My Obsession with the Pool!)
Right, let's get to the good stuff. This is where the Rex really shines.
Dining? Okay, first off, the 24-hour room service is a godsend. Especially when you’re jet-lagged at 3 AM and desperate for a cheese toastie. And the food? Actually decent! They have A la carte in the restaurant, Asian Cuisine in the restaurant if you are into it. Western cuisine if you are not. And let’s not forget the coffee shop, perfect for that morning caffeine fix. And the Bar. Yup, the bar is a necessity.
But here's the thing that really floored me: the Pool! (Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view, Swimming pool). Seriously, the pool at the Rex? Forget the boring, concrete rectangles. This is an actual oasis. Picture it: crystal-clear water, panoramic views of Canberra, and… almost no one there! I'm going to be honest, I went down there every single day. I was practically living in that pool. There are even Poolside bar options to enjoy a cheeky drink on a hot day! It's got that real "escape the world" vibe. One day, I was just lounging there, sun on my face, and I swear, I felt all the stress melt away. It's a pure experience. It's just… bliss.
Amenities & Things to Do:
Okay, so the Rex is a bit of a chameleon. Want to chill? Spa/Sauna, Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage… they've got 'em. Want to work out? Fitness center, Gym/fitness. Want to be productive? All the Business facilities anyone could need. Oh, and the Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms! And of course, plenty of Internet access, and even Internet [LAN]. They have everything.
And then there’s the location! It's brilliantly positioned. Perfect for exploring the city but far enough away that things aren't too chaotic.
Rooms? The rooms are spacious and well-appointed. The Air conditioning is a must in Canberra summers. The Blackout curtains are essential for a good sleep-in. They have a seating area, and even in room safe box to put your valuables. Plus, Free bottled water. And those bathrobes and slippers? Pure luxury. I'm telling you, i loved the bathrobes. I may have lived in them for three days. Don’t judge.
The (Minor) Imperfections – Because Life Isn't Perfect:
Alright, I promised honesty, right? So, here are a couple of teeny-tiny nitpicks… The breakfast buffet (breakfast [buffet], breakfast [buffet] service) could sometimes get a little busy, particularly on weekends. But honestly, it's a minor thing. And sometimes, they didn't have my exact choice of wine at the bar. But who cares?
The Grand Conclusion (and the Booking Offer):
Look, I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels. And most of them are… fine. The Rex Hotel & Apartments? It's more than fine. It's comfortable, it's stylish, it's got all the right amenities… and it's got that something extra. That certain je ne sais quoi. It's a place where you can actually relax. And these days, that's priceless, right?
Here’s the deal:
Don't miss out on Canberra's Best Kept Secret!
Book your stay at the Rex Hotel & Apartments TODAY and receive:
- A complimentary welcome drink at the Poolside Bar – because you deserve it!
- 15% off your first spa treatment – because you need to unwind!
- Free upgrade to a room with a pool view (subject to availability) – so you can soak up the beauty of Canberra.
Why you should choose the Rex right now: Because you do! You work too hard, you deserve a break, and the Rex is ready. It offers: access to a diverse selection of services for all ages. Great hospitality and excellent service. It's a beautiful location, and a relaxing atmosphere.
This offer is valid for a limited time only, so book now and discover why everyone is raving about Canberra’s BEST Kep Secret, or soon will be…
Click here to book your escape to the Rex Hotel & Apartments today! [Insert Link Here]
**Cadiz Dream: Stunning 57th Ave Apartment Awaits!**
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, airbrushed travel blog. This is my Canberra, Rex Hotel, serviced apartment, potential-disaster-waiting-to-happen itinerary. Prepare for a glorious mess.
Day 1: Arrival & Tentative Optimism (AKA: The "Honeymoon Period" of the Trip)
- 10:00 AM: Touchdown at Canberra Airport. Ha! Touchdown. More like a gentle, slightly delayed, descent. Always. Why is it always delayed? Anyway, the first thing I do is wrestle my luggage off the carousel. There's a moment of triumph – I actually managed to haul all my stuff. My back is already complaining, but hey, we're off to a good start!
- 10:30 AM: Uber ride to the Rex Hotel. This is where the optimism really kicks in. "Oh, a serviced apartment! Luxurious, clean, spacious! I'm practically a local already!" I mentally compose a list of things I’m going to do: explore every corner of the hotel, take heaps of photos, meet locals and experience the wonders of nature, and I’m going to stay on top of my laundry.
- 11:00 AM: Check-in. So far, so good! The receptionists are all smiles and "Welcome to Canberra!". They give me the key card, and point me towards the elevator. Great!
- 11:15 AM: Apartment inspection. OMG, it’s huge! Two whole rooms - a small, cute kitchen area, and a bedroom with an enormous bed. There's also a balcony! I spend a full five minutes just walking around, touching everything, and generally feeling smug. The sunlight illuminates a layer of dust on one table, but I choose to ignore it.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a cafe near the hotel. I choose something healthy, like salad. I feel the travel fatigue setting in, I'm starting to feel a bit grumpy. I try to smile, but I'm pretty sure the waiter thinks I'm having a private existential crisis over my kale.
- 13:00 PM: Brief walk around the city center. Well, what I now consider the city center. There's a weird statue of something. I have to admit, Canberra is… quiet. Very, very quiet. But the air is fresh and the sky is HUGE. It's growing on me.
- 14:00 PM: The "nap" that threatens to hijack my entire afternoon. I did a very good job getting myself comfortable, and the bed is HUGE. This is the beginning of a long journey- I am now an official napper.
- 17:00 PM: I set the alarm for 4 pm but never quite got up until 5 pm . I feel well enough to get started on my evening, but am going to have to do a little bit of mental work. I am ready for dinner.
- 19:00 PM: Dinner at a restaurant in the nearby area. I order the steak with potato: it's a winner. I feel alive! I am starting to feel like Canberra is a great place.
- 21:00 PM: Back at the apartment, I attempt to use the hotel gym. It looks less impressive in reality than the photos, so I make a mental note to use the "stairs" option in the apartment elevator.
- 22:00 PM: Collapse into bed. Happy sigh. Bliss. Day one: a triumph (mostly).
Day 2: The Canberra Rabbit Hole & the Power of the Perfect Cup of Coffee
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. Damn, I slept SO well. This bed is magic. I'm practically a human-shaped pancake, but a well-rested human-shaped pancake.
- 8:30 AM: Prepare a simple breakfast in the apartment kitchen. Coffee. Ah, the elixir of life! I swear that alone, I could conquer the world. Except… I forgot the coffee filter.
- 9:00 AM: Panic-buying a coffee filter at the local shop. The shop owner seems amused by my flustered state. The coffee is so good. The caffeine seeps into my brain, and the day is suddenly infused with a different sort of optimism, a more practical one.
- 10:00 AM: Exploration! First stop: The National Gallery of Australia. I am going to sound so highbrow, but yes, the art is good. The art is amazing. But the real show is the people-watching. There are so many people looking at the art, doing things, and being there!
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at the gallery cafe. The food is overpriced, but the view is worth it. Actually, everything but the food is worth it. I'm starting to see the appeal of Canberra. It's clean, organized, and there's a genuine lack of chaos (which, as a naturally chaotic person, is… oddly appealing).
- 13:00 PM: A walk in the park. I get lost. I think I will have to be okay with getting lost, forever.
- 15:00 PM: I start planning dinner, but fall again.
- 18:00 PM: I meet a local at the hotel lobby, which is an amazing place to be! We go out for dinner and he shows me the "real Canberra" - that's what he calls it.
- 21:00 PM: Back at the apartment. The hotel bed… pure heaven.
Day 3: The Battle of the Laundry & the "Almost-Perfect" Day
- 9:00 AM: Laundry day! I'm a grown adult! I can handle this! Cue dramatic music. The in-apartment washer-dryer proves to be a bit… temperamental. It takes me two hours, and a small internet search, to get the washing machine running!
- 11:00 AM: The clothes are dry. Triumph! I celebrate by… ironing. Ironing! I hate ironing! I spend an hour in the world of ironing.
- 13:00 PM: Lunch. This time, I order a great lunch!
- 14:00 PM: I'm getting bold. I'm going to visit the National Museum of Australia!
- 16:00 PM: I head back to the Rex Hotel and Serviced Apartments. I feel so at home.
- 18:00 PM: I go out with a friend, to a restaurant.
- 21:00 PM: Back at the apartment and ready for bed.
Day 4: Departure & the Unexpected Feeling of "Coming Home" (Seriously?)
- 9:00 AM: Wake up. Packing. I am so sad to be going.
- 10:00 AM: Check out. Goodbye, Rex Hotel! Bye, Canberra!
- 11:00 AM: Uber ride to the airport. Delays? Probably. But this time, I don't even mind.
- … (Fill in the blanks with your own flight drama and post-trip reflections.)
So, that was my Canberra trip. Did everything go according to plan? Absolutely not. Did I see everything? Heavens, no. Did I experience the supposed "glory" of a perfect holiday? Probably not. But I had a blast, I got to explore, and I'm a little more open to getting lost. Don't be afraid of the imperfect, the messy, and the utterly human. It's where the best stories come from. And who knows, maybe I'll surprise myself and return to Canberra sooner rather than later.
Cefalù Paradise: Stunning 4-Person Apartment Awaits!
Rex Hotel & Apartments: Canberra's...Well, Let's Just Say It's Got *Personality*. (And I Have Opinions.)
So, The Rex. Why do people call it a "secret"? It's right in the city!
Alright, "secret" might be a *teensy* bit dramatic, like when your friend whispers they have a "secret recipe" for instant noodles. But here's the deal: Canberra isn't exactly overflowing with hotels bursting to the seams with character. Most are sleek, generic boxes. The Rex... the Rex is *different*. It's got history, a touch of faded glamour, and a vibe that some people *love* and others... well, maybe not so much.
I think the "secret" comes from its more loyal, less touristy following. You won’t find a ton of Instagram influencers swarming the lobby. It's more of a "locals know, tourists wander in, and then usually end up loving it" kind of deal. Plus, compared to the flashier hotels, it hides in plain sight.
What kind of *stuff* can you expect at the Rex, realistically?
Okay, deep breath! Let's be honest here, shall we? The Rex is not the Ritz. It’s more... retro-chic with a side of "charm". Expect a real mix. My last stay? The room was HUGE, like, seriously, I could have tap-danced in the living room. But the remote for the TV? Let’s just say it had seen better days – some buttons were sticky, and the battery cover was held on with duct tape. And the view? Well, let's just say it was primarily focused on the office building across the road. It was enough to make me mutter, "Classic Rex!" under my breath.
You'll *probably* get decent service, but it might not be super polished. Sometimes there’s a wait for the elevator. Sometimes there’s a wait for *anything*. And sometimes... you get the feeling that things are just operating on "Canberra time." (Which, FYI, is a *thing*.) But the staff are generally friendly, and they seem to actually care! That's a bonus.
Are the apartments better than the hotel rooms at the Rex? Spill the tea!
Okay, this is where I get *passionate*. The apartments are *the* go-to at the Rex. Definitely look into them. (I’m starting to think they’re the *real* secret.) They’re spacious, they usually have full kitchens, and some even have balconies. Perfect for, say, sipping a wine after a long day of staring at politicians! (Just kidding... mostly). They’re ideal if you're staying a while, or if you, like me, enjoy spreading out like a starfish when you sleep.
Yes, sometimes you'll find minor imperfections – maybe a slightly wonky cupboard door, perhaps a light bulb that mysteriously burned out. But honestly, that's part of the charm. It feels lived-in, not sterile and corporate. And hello? Having a kitchen? HUGE win. You can actually make a decent breakfast without having to brave the queues or overpriced hotel buffets. Winner, winner, poached egg dinner!
The Restaurant? The Bar? What's the scoop on the in-house dining?
Alright, let's dive into the food and drink! The Rex has a restaurant, and, the bar is... well, it's a bar! The restaurant has its moments. I’ve had some *amazing* meals there, and some that were...forgettable. Expect a solid, maybe a little old-school, menu. If you are lucky with the waiter, you're in heaven!
The bar is a decent place to grab a drink! It can be quite lively later on! But I'm more of a "grab a bottle of wine from the local bottleo" kinda person. However, it's perfectly fine if you want a hassle-free pre-dinner drink.
Location, location, location... how well-placed is the Rex really?
Seriously, the location is *gold*. It's practically in the city center. You’re a quick walk from shopping, restaurants, theatres, everything. (A ten-minute Uber to Parliament House, if you're not up for the walk). You can leave the car parked (they *do* have parking, although space can be tight at times) and just wander around. Convenience is key, and the Rex nails it! You're not stuck out in some soulless suburb. You're right in the thick of things, ready to explore.
Now, a slight caveat: Being in the city means occasional street noise. Worth keeping in mind if you're a light sleeper. But the trade-off for convenience is usually worth it. Plus, Canberra is generally a pretty quiet city, all things considered.
Okay, Let's Get Real - What's the *Worst* Thing About the Rex?
Okay, this is where I get a little grumpy. While I love the Rex, it's not perfect sunshine and rainbows. Honestly, sometimes the upkeep feels a bit… lacking. A bit of fresh paint, some updated fixtures… it wouldn't hurt. It has a certain "lived-in" quality that can, on occasion, slide into "slightly neglected".
And parking, as I mentioned, can be a nightmare. Especially if you arrive at a peak time. Be prepared to circle for a bit, or to end up squeezing your car into a slot that's clearly designed for a Mini. Oh, and the elevators sometimes have a mind of their own. (I once waited *ten minutes* for an elevator, then watched it stop on every single floor before finally, *finally* reaching mine. It’s an experience.)
But you know what? Even THAT is part of the Rex experience. It's always a bit of an adventure! (Whether you like it or not.)
So, should *I* stay at the Rex? Give it to me straight.
Alright, the million-dollar question! Here's the deal: If you’re looking for sterile luxury, a super-slick experience, and a place where everything is pristine and perfect... then the Rex might not be your jam.
But... if you appreciate character, a bit of quirkiness, a central location, and a more "lived-in" vibe, then absolutely, YES! Especially if you can snag an apartment. It's Canberra, not Paris. Lower your expectations slightly, embrace the imperfections, and I think you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised. I've stayed there many times, and I always come back. There's something about the Rex, a charm that's hard to explain. You'll probablyWallet Friendly Stay

