
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Vienna Hotel Wanda Plaza Jinhua!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Vienna Hotel Wanda Plaza Jinhua! - My Unfiltered Take (Brace Yourself!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on the Vienna Hotel Wanda Plaza Jinhua. Forget the polished brochures – this is the REAL deal, the messy, wonderful, sometimes infuriating truth. And hey, if you're looking for a perfectly curated, sterile review, you've come to the wrong place. This is my experience, warts and all.
The Big Picture: Luxury, Yes. Flawless? Nope.
Let's be honest, "Unbelievable Luxury Awaits" is a bold claim. And while the Wanda Plaza Vienna definitely tries to deliver, things aren't always as smooth as a freshly-scrubbed spa treatment. This place oozes opulence, from the moment you walk through the lobby (think shimmering chandeliers and enough marble to make Michelangelo weep). But remember, perfection is a myth.
Accessibility & Safety: They Try, They Really Do.
- Accessibility: This is where things get a little… complicated. While they say they have facilities for disabled guests, specific details are vague. (Accessibility, Facilities for disabled guests) The elevator runs, that's a good start. Expect to call ahead and confirm specifics if accessibility is a MUST-HAVE.
- Safety First (Hopefully): Now, I'm paranoid about hygiene. I mean, who isn't these days? The hotel seems to take it seriously. (Cleanliness and safety) They've got the hand sanitizer stations, the staff trained in safety protocols, and (Anti-viral cleaning products, Health & Hygiene Certifications) The daily disinfection is a comfort, although I definitely scrutinized the surfaces, just to be sure. They even offer (Room sanitization opt-out available), which, honestly, I appreciate. The (CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Fire Extinguisher) are reassuring.
- Cashless payment service: YES! (Daily disinfection in common areas, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Individually-wrapped food options, Safe dining setup)
- (Physical distancing of at least 1 meter): I'm glad they try. I think they try. It's a crowded hotel, at times
Rooms: From Gilded Cage to Cozy Haven, Depends on the Day
Ah, the rooms! They're mostly fantastic. (Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.)
The bed was a dream, the blackout curtains are essential, and I loved the comfy slippers. (Air conditioning, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.)
And the views? Spectacular…when you're not staring at the neighboring building. Mine was pretty good, but I have a sneaking suspicion some rooms are better than others.
Internet: A Tale of Two Wi-Fis
Free Wi-Fi is available in all rooms. (Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!) However, some days it was lightning-fast, other days… I'm pretty sure dial-up was faster. (Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas) I relied heavily on a mobile hotspot at times. But hey, free is free, right? So you can't really complain.
Food & Drink: A Buffet of Options (and Occasional Disappointment)
Where do I begin! There are restaurants galore. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant)
- Breakfast: Buffet Bonanza…with a Caveat: The breakfast buffet is HUGE. (Breakfast [buffet]) Really massive. You've got your Western offerings, your Asian delights, and everything in between. But the problem with a buffet of that size is the sheer scale. Sometimes, things were fresh, delicious, and wonderfully prepared. Other times, a little less so. I’m talking about the scrambled eggs. Some days they were fluffy and perfect. Other days, I swear, I think they scraped them off the floor. A bit of a gamble here, but overall a win.
- Room Service: Your 2 AM Savior: Room service is available (Room service [24-hour]) – and that, my friends, is a lifesaver. Especially after a long day of sightseeing.
- Restaurants, Bars and Coffee places: The food in the restaurant wasn’t that great, as in the bar or in the coffee place.
Things to Do & Relax: Spa Day, Anyone?
This is where the "Unbelievable Luxury" really shines. (Things to do, ways to relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor])
- The Spa: Oh, the spa! I had the best massage of my life. (Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna) The masseuse even managed to knead out years of tension I didn't even know I had. The sauna and steam room are also a MUST-DO. So relaxing.
- The Pool: A Pool with view: The pool is decent. (I'm not the biggest pool person.) Just go to the pool to say you did that.
- Gym & Fitness: Yes, there is a gym. I did not go.
Services & Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the "Meh."
- The Good: (Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center) The concierge was fantastic. The daily housekeeping kept things spotless (even if I did make a mess). The elevators were fast. The basics were done well.
- The "Meh": Getting around! (Getting around: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking)
- **Don't expect much: **
- (Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal, Couple's room, Room decorations, Proposal spot, Couple's room). I don't care
My Honest Verdict & Quirky Observations:
Look, the Vienna Hotel Wanda Plaza Jinhua isn't perfect. But its flaws are overshadowed by its sheer scale and the genuine effort to provide a luxurious experience. I had moments of pure bliss (that massage!) and moments of minor frustration (the wonky Wi-Fi).
But would I go back? Absolutely. The good outweighs the bad, and the overall feeling of luxury is undeniable.
SEO-Powered Call to Action and Offer:
Ready to experience "Unbelievable Luxury" yourself?
Book your stay at the Vienna Hotel Wanda Plaza Jinhua through booking.com today and enjoy the following exclusive perks:
- Guaranteed Upgrade: Book a standard room and receive a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room with a city view (subject to availability).
- Complimentary Spa Credit: Get a (Massage) credit to use at the hotel's luxurious spa.
- Free Breakfast: Don't gamble with the buffet. Enjoy complimentary breakfast. Guarantee

Okay, buckle up, buttercup! This isn't your meticulously planned, robot-approved travel itinerary. This is my Vienna Hotel Jinhua Wanda Plaza, China, itinerary. Prepare for a rollercoaster of highs, lows, and probably some serious hunger pangs. Let's do this.
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Noodle Hunt (and a Slight Panic)
- 14:00 - Okay, let's be real, probably 15:00: Arrive at Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport (HGH). Getting through customs? A nightmare. My Mandarin is, shall we say, rusty. Found myself gesticulating wildly while trying to explain the purpose of my trip. Pretty sure I accidentally implied I was on a secret mission to… I don't know, steal dumplings?
- 16:00 - Wanda Plaza Express: Train to Jinhua. The train itself was a marvel of modern engineering. But the lady next to me kept cracking her sunflower seeds and spitting the husks on the floor. (Yes, I'm judging, and yes, I'm secretly jealous of her carefree abandon).
- 18:00 - Check-in Disaster: The Vienna Hotel. It looked fancy online. In reality? A slightly-too-brightly-lit lobby and a room that smelled vaguely of…something. Not sure what. Maybe clean? Maybe despair? Either way, I dropped my suitcase on the bed and decided I needed food. STAT.
- 18:30 - The Epic Noodle Quest: Wanda Plaza beckoned! (Literally. It was right there.) The food court was a symphony of sizzling, steaming, and shouting. Finding the perfect noodle shop took at least 20 minutes of wandering around, getting overwhelmed, and second-guessing every decision. Finally, I settled on a tiny place with a picture menu. "Two bowls," I declared to the bewildered cook, pointing like my life depended on it.
- 19:30 - The Noodle Verdict: The noodles… were a revelation. The broth was deep, rich, and probably had MSG levels that would raise eyebrows in the West. The noodles themselves? Perfect. Seriously, I devoured the entire thing. Then I ordered another bowl. And almost cried because it was so good.
- 21:00 - Hotel Room Enlightenment and Slight Regret: Back in my room, with a very happily full belly. Maybe I could have explored more, seen something besides the noodle stall and the slightly depressing gym. But, honestly, I'm exhausted. Definitely not going to use the gym. I'm pretty sure that second bowl of noodles has added a solid five pounds to my already questionable physique.
Day 2: Temple Troubles and Tea Trials
- 08:00 - The Alarm Clock Rebellion (and the Battle for Coffee): My alarm blared like a banshee. I hit snooze. Repeatedly. Finally, I dragged myself out of bed in search of caffeine. The hotel's vending machine provided instant coffee that tasted vaguely of burnt plastic and sadness. I'm pretty sure I contemplated smuggling in a French press.
- 09:00 - Guangming Temple: A taxi ride to Guangming Temple. The air in Jinhua is a constant, intriguing mix of dust, car exhausts and the faint smells of food cooking. The Temple itself was beautiful, with the colourful murals on the outside and the intricate details of the architecture on the inside. But it was crowded with groups of children, who seemed to be running riot. I'm not sure I was in the mood for that much youthful energy. I probably could have brought myself to enjoy it more, but after a few hours of walking around I was starting to get very hungry.
- 11:00 - Snack Attack and a Serious Contemplation of Street Food: After my Temple walk, I spotted some locals buying what looked to be deep fried dough sticks and decided I needed to try one. I had to mime a lot, but the vendor was happy to oblige. It was greasy, delicious, and the perfect antidote to my growing grumpiness. I bought three more.
- 12:00 - Tea Time Gone Wild: I tried to find a tea house. I'd read reviews. "Authentic," they said. "Serene." What I found was a crowded, loud place with tiny cups and a waiter who seemed to be speaking a different language. I probably looked like a total fool trying to navigate the tea ceremony. I spilled tea, I didn’t understand half of what he was saying and ended up drinking what tasted like slightly diluted green tea. Not exactly the Zen experience I had in mind. (But hey, at least I tried!)
- 14:00 - Wanda Plaza Redemption: Back at the Wanda Plaza, but this time I had a specific target: the bakery. Breads, cakes, pastries, all of it was glorious. I bought everything that looked remotely appetizing. And ate it all.
- 16:00 - The (Attempted) Massage: I’d read about the good massages near the hotel. I found one. The lady spoke no English. She also seemed to enjoy pressing on spots I didn't know existed. I yelped. I laughed. I finally just gave in and enjoyed the pain. It was weirdly relaxing.
- 18:00 - The Search for Authentic Cuisine - Round 2: I spent a solid hour wandering the streets, hoping to find something that didn't come from a mall food court. Finally, I found the tiniest hole-in-the-wall restaurant. The owner was a sweet, old lady, and the food? Oh, the food! I tasted flavours, experiences, and all the love and care that goes into dishes like dumplings. And even though I couldn't understand a word she said, it's the best meal I have had on this trip.
- 20:00 - Bedtime and the lingering taste of garlic: The evening closed with a long shower and the lingering smell of garlic on my hands. I'm starting to think my digestive system might not be able to cope with all this food.
Day 3: Departure (with a Heavy Heart – and Even Heavier Suitcase)
- 07:00 - The Hotel Breakfast Debacle: The hotel breakfast was a collection of cold cuts, suspicious-looking jellies, and something that resembled scrambled eggs but tasted like rubber. I filled up on instant noodles.
- 08:00 - Last-Minute Shopping (and Bargaining Battles): One last foray into Wanda Plaza. I needed souvenirs. I battled for a price on a (very) cheap silk scarf. (I think I won, but honestly, who knows?)
- 09:00 - Goodbye, Jinhua: Train back to HGH. Gazing out the window I feel both a sense of relief and a twinge of sadness. The city felt alive. I will never forget the taste of the noodles, the kindness of the old lady in the restaurant. The slightly creepy hotel. The never ending smell of food. This trip was an epic mess, but it was my epic mess. And you know what? I wouldn't trade it for anything.
- 11:00 - Airport and the Long Flight Home: Back at the airport, I'm already dreaming of the next adventure. And planning my return to Jinhua. Where, I hope, I’ll be better at navigating the language barrier, the food stalls, and the general chaos. Wish me luck! I'm going to need it.
(P.S. I’m pretty sure I forgot to mention at least a dozen things, like the persistent feeling that I'm lost (even when I'm not), the constant desire to take photos (and the fact that I'm terrible at it), and the recurring thought that I should probably learn some Chinese. But hey, that’s life, right? Full of happy accidents and amazing meals!)
Tianjin's BEST Hotel? Hanting Hotel Dongli Development Zone Review!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Vienna Hotel Wanda Plaza Jinhua! - FAQs (Because, Let's Be Real, You *Need* Answers)
Okay, Spill: Is This Place *Really* as Luxurious as the Website Says?
Alright, alright, let's get down to brass tacks. "Unbelievable Luxury?" They're not *entirely* wrong. It's… definitely a step up from, say, a roadside motel in a small town. The lobby? Swanky. Marble floors, chandeliers you could practically swing from (though, I wouldn't recommend it). My first thought? "Wow, this place is trying *hard*."
The room? Pretty darn good. The bed? Heavenly. Seriously. I’m a tough sleeper, but I could have stayed in that bed forever and a day. The pillows, just right. The air-con, silent. Points for that. The bathroom? Absolutely pristine. My inner neat-freak *loved* it. BUT… and there’s always a but, isn’t there? The little things. You know?
Like the slightly dodgy English translations on the remote. “Channel Selection: Now for you.” Um, okay. And the mini-bar? Filled with things I *could* have afforded… if I hadn’t spent all my money on the room in the first place. Still, generally, yes. Luxurious-ish. Kinda. Depends on your definition of "unbelievable." I'd say "believable luxury with a sprinkle of 'trying too hard'."
What Are the Rooms REALLY Like? (Because Photos Lie, Don't They?)
Okay, so the pictures? They're… good. *Very* good. They probably hired a professional photographer who knew all the angles. My room? It was nice. Seriously. Spacious. Clean. But the photos make it look like you're entering the actual Palace of Versailles. You're not. You're in a well-appointed hotel room.
The bed, as I mentioned, was a dream. Truly. The bathroom, spotless. The toiletries... upscale enough. BUT. I'm just saying, the "amazing city view" from my room? Yeah, it was of another building. Slightly disappointing, I'll admit. I was hoping for a skyline, but got a brick wall. Lesson learned: Always ask for a higher floor. Always.
I'm also a little concerned about the placement of electrical outlets, but that's really just me. I swear, I had to do some gymnastics to charge my phone. Overall: a good room, not quite the fairy tale the website tried to sell me, but still, pretty solid.
The Restaurant! Is the Food, You Know, *Good*? Or Just… Fancy?
This. Is. A. Big. Question. Okay! The restaurant… it’s… an experience. The decor is stunning. Like, truly. My jaw actually dropped when I walked in. Gorgeous. Atmosphere? Impeccable. My expectations were soaring. I mentally prepared myself for the most delicious meal of my life.
Then… the food arrived. And… okay. It was *good*. Don't get me wrong. It *wasn't* bad. But it was not on par with the room, or the restaurant's ambiance. It was, dare I say, a little…meh? A little over-priced for what you got. The presentation was beautiful, mind you. Each plate was a work of art. But the flavor.. it was lacking. I mean, come on! This hotel should be putting out 5-star food! I ate, and I didn't hate eat. It wasn't the worst thing.
My take? Go for the *experience* of the restaurant. The decor, the service--that's where it truly shines. Just temper your expectations for a culinary masterpiece and you'll probably be fine.
Oh! And the breakfast buffet? Don't skip it. Seriously. It's worth it. Even the slightly-too-sweet pastries. Just... don't expect Michelin star level. (But maybe you'll get lucky!).
The Staff: Friendly? Helpful? Or Just… Putting on a Show?
The staff? Largely amazing. I had a slight mishap with a misplaced adapter (note to self: always pack extras!) and the front desk went above and beyond to help. They were polite, efficient, and I swear, genuinely seemed to care. One young woman even went out of her way to find one, and then made sure I knew it was working. And she remembered me the next day! That's hospitality!
Of course, their English could be spotty, but hey, that's a language barrier. I actually found it charming. There was some translation software involved a few times, but they really did try.
I had one slightly awkward encounter in the elevator with a very stern-looking gentleman who seemed to be the head of housekeeping. He didn't say a word, but I suspect he was inspecting the carpet. I gave him a wide berth. Other than that: super, super friendly. Helpful. Not showy. Just… genuinely nice. Points for the staff!
Is the Hotel Good Value for Money?
Ah, the million-dollar question. Is it *worth* the money? That one is really dependent on your budget and what you value. It's not cheap, let's be honest. But, if you're looking for a treat, for a taste of relative luxury, a great bed, a beautiful experience... it's probably worth it. I mean, you are paying for the experience, the ambiance, right? If you are fine with getting the best of both worlds, maybe not.
If you want a totally affordable hotel that doesn't make you worry about the bill, obviously, probably not. But if you really want to splurge a little, and enjoy yourself, the hotel does a good job. I'd say, consider your budget and what you want. If you're in Jinhua, and you can afford it, go for it. Just... manage expectations. (I'm sensing a theme here, aren't I?)
Tips for Staying at the Hotel?
Alright, gather 'round, because I'm about to drop some knowledge. First: Book directly if you can. Seems like you get a few extra perks, so that's always good. Second: Request a room on a high floor. Trust me on this one. Always.
Third: Pack your own adapter. Seriously. Save yourself the stress. Fourth: Explore the local area! Don't just stay cooped up in the hotel, however nice it is. There's a *whole world* out there! Fifth: Take advantage of the hotel spa, and fitness center. It's worth the extra money. Sixth: Don't be afraid to ask the staff for help. They really are helpful. Last, but not least: Take pictures! Share your experience. Have fun! You're on vacation!

