
Vienna Hotel Shanghai: Unbeatable Luxury in Songjiang's Hidden Gem!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the Vienna Hotel Shanghai – or rather, trying to climb OUT of it because I may or may not be a little too comfortable after my stay. And, look, I'm no polished travel blogger, so you're getting the real, uncensored me. Think less "polished gem" and more "slightly disheveled, but ultimately charmed traveler."
Vienna Hotel Shanghai: Is Songjiang Really Hiding This Treasure?
Let's be honest, Songjiang isn't exactly the first place you think of when you crave luxury. But, holy moly, this Vienna Hotel actually might be worth the trek. I've stayed in some fancyyyy places, and this one… well, it surprised me.
First Impressions (and a Near-Disaster with the Elevator)
Okay, so the exterior? Not mind-blowing. But the lobby? Whoa. Gleaming marble, massive chandeliers – you definitely feel like you're stepping into a place that takes itself seriously. The staff? Polite, efficient, and they get bonus points for not looking down their noses at my slightly rumpled travel attire. (I blame the flight. And maybe the stress of packing.)
There's an Elevator. I swear! In fact, the whole building is super-accessible, for the most part. Elevators, ramps… they've thought about it. Accessibility is good, which is a huge plus for anyone with mobility issues. I've seen hotels where getting to your room feels like an Olympic sport. Not here. But, a little anecdote. One time, I got in an elevator, all giddy for a massage, and bam! It went to the basement level. I should have known, I had a bag of chips with me. Luckily, it opened up and I didn't get stuck, but it does make a person think twice about ever trusting an elevator again.
Rooms: From Humble Abode to Mini-Palace
The rooms? Seriously impressive. I’m a sucker for a good blackout curtain (hello, sleep!), and these delivered. Plus, air conditioning? Bless them. It was a godsend after a day of exploring. The internet access was fast and reliable, and the free Wi-Fi in all rooms is a huge win. Let's be real, that's a non-negotiable for me. Especially when I'm procrastinating on work by watching cat videos. The bathroom was clean, well-lit, with a luxurious bathtub and decent toiletries. Oh and robes! I could live in a bathrobe forever.
Here's the breakdown:
- Comfort: Excellent. Seriously, the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Extra long bed and plenty of pillows.
- Cleanliness: Spotless. The daily housekeeping was meticulous.
- Features: In-room safe box, good soundproofing preventing any noise. Coffee/tea maker - very important.
- Some rooms offered private bathrooms with a separate shower/bathtub.
- Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service and Window that opens.
- Non-smoking rooms were available.
Eating, Drinking, and Snacking: Feeding the Beast
Let's talk food. There are restaurants on-site, including Asian cuisine and Western cuisine options. The Asian breakfast, with its array of dim sum and savory dishes, was a highlight. I took advantage of the Breakfast [buffet] a few times and was never disappointed. I am not a huge eater, but I do like to have a snack. The snack bar was a lifesaver, and the poolside bar was perfect for a pre-dinner aperitif. (I may or may not have spent a lot of time there.)
Other options:
- A la carte in restaurant: You can also order off a menu.
- Alternative meal arrangement: They can accommodate different dietary needs.
- Bottle of water: It's available.
- Buffet in restaurant: Always an option.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: They have it.
- Coffee shop: Available.
- Desserts in restaurant: Of course!
- Happy hour: Score!
- International cuisine in restaurant: It's an option.
- Poolside bar: Relax here.
- Room service [24-hour]: Yes, please.
- Salad in restaurant: It's there if you want it.
- Soup in restaurant: They have it.
- Vegetarian restaurant: For all the Vegans in the house!
- Western breakfast: Yup.
Wellness & Relaxation: Because You Deserve It
Okay, so the spa. Spa/sauna, steamroom, and massages? Oh, yes. I'm not even a "spa person," but even I couldn't resist. The massage was divine - I walked out feeling like a new person. They also have a fitness center and a swimming pool, which looked amazing, though I was too busy indulging in the spa (and the aforementioned poolside bar) to actually use them.
Wellness Breakdown:
- Body scrub: I don't know about this, but maybe it is.
- Body wrap: I am not sure, but it is a possibility.
- Fitness center: They have one!
- Foot bath: They probably have it.
- Gym/fitness: You can find it!
- Massage: Heaven.
- Pool with view: They might have it.
- Sauna: I am sure they have it.
- Spa: The best.
- Spa/sauna: Yup.
- Steamroom: Yes!
- Swimming pool: It is available for use!
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: They most likely have it.
Safety and Cleanliness: Because We Need to Breathe Easy
I'm weird about cleanliness. And in today's world, it's extra important. The Vienna Hotel Shanghai gets a big thumbs up here. They had hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff took all the protocols seriously. They also use anti-viral cleaning products, do daily disinfection in common areas, and have rooms sanitized between stays. It felt secure. Staff trained in safety protocol and other things that can help keep a person safe.
They also have:
- Cashless payment service
- Doctor/nurse on call
- First aid kit
- Hot water linen and laundry washing
- Hygiene certification
- Individually-wrapped food options
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter
- Professional-grade sanitizing services
- Room sanitization opt-out available
- Safe dining setup
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items
- Shared stationery removed
- Sterilizing equipment
Services & Conveniences: Gotta Love the Perks
This is where the Vienna Hotel really shines. They have everything you could possibly need. A concierge to help with any requests. Daily housekeeping. Laundry service. Dry cleaning. Room service [24-hour]. It's like they anticipate your every whim. Oh, and a convenience store for late-night snack runs? Genius.
- Air conditioning in public area: It is available!
- Audio-visual equipment for special events: Yup.
- Business facilities: Business people, there you go.
- Cash withdrawal: Yes.
- Contactless check-in/out: Helpful!
- Convenience store: Perfect.
- Currency exchange: It is available!
- Daily housekeeping: It's a great service.
- Doorman: Yes!
- Dry cleaning: Amazing.
- Elevator: Yes!
- Essential condiments: Sure.
- Facilities for disabled guests: They have them.
- Food delivery: It is available!
- Gift/souvenir shop: You can always find a nice gift.
- Indoor venue for special events: Yup.
- Invoice provided: Yes.
- Ironing service: Great

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is a Vienna Hotel Shanghai Songjiang Market Miaoqian Street Shanghai China - Survival Guide & Spilled Noodles Diary. Get ready for some real talk, alright? Because let's be honest, travel is gorgeous, but it's also… messy.
Day 1: Arrival - Jet Lag & Janitorial Jitters
- 7:00 AM (Local Time - Ugh, My Body): Land at Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG). The air conditioning in the baggage claim… feels like a goddamn ice age. Already regretting that second (okay, third) coffee on the plane.
- 8:30 AM: Successfully navigate the customs gauntlet. Border control officer gave me the look. Probably the messy bun I threw together at 3 am.
- 9:30 AM: The long-haul to Vienna Hotel. This taxi ride, though! The city is a blur of neon lights and honking horns… a symphony of organized chaos. I swear I just saw a dude in a full hazmat suit riding a bicycle.
- 11:00 AM: Check-in at the Vienna Hotel. "Miaoqian Street" – sounds auspicious. Room: Functional. Clean? Kinda? The aircon is a beast, I'll give it that.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch: Songjiang Market. Oh. My. God. This place. It’s a sensory overload in the best way possible. Smells of spices, fried things, and… things I can't identify. I point at a vendor’s steaming pot of some kind of noodle soup, figuring "When in Shanghai…" First slurp… HOLY. MOTHER. OF. NOODLES. This stuff is divine. I think I just found Nirvana in a bowl.
- 1:00-3:00 PM: A failed attempt at resisting the urge to crash. Instead, I tried to organize my suitcase. Found a half-eaten bag of gummy bears. Score.
- 3:00 -4:00: PM: A walk around. The area is a real mixed bag: A few skyscrapers, some pretty old buildings and some questionable alleys. Definitely a feeling of "real" Shanghai. And oh my is it fascinating.
- 4:00 PM: Snack break, another noodle bowl. This time I attempt a "different" stall, which turns out to be a bad decision. I get hit with a bowl that is quite literally on fire. My mouth feels like a volcano has erupted, eyes watering like Niagara Falls. I'm pretty sure I'm dying.
- 5:00 PM: A frantic water chase. Okay, I'm not dead yet, but I'm going to need a lot of water. I find a tiny little shop with a friendly old lady, who doesn't speak much English, but clearly gets the "I am melting" vibe. She hands me a huge bottle of something called “Suan Mei Tang.” It's apparently a plum juice of some kind. This concoction is an acid trip to my tastebuds. It barely helps but it will do.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner: The same noodle shop. Seriously. I'm addicted. Apparently, I've been coming here more often than his regulars. The old man who owns it takes me under his wing, pointing out the local specialities.
- 9:00 PM: Collapse into the bed. Jet lag is a jerk.
- 10:00 PM: Wake up in a panic, convinced I’m going to miss something. Wander around aimlessly, trying to make sense of the Chinese channel on the TV.
- 11:00 PM: The best sleep I've had in a week.
Day 2: Songjiang Market Mania and Cultural Confusion
- 7:00 AM: Wake up to the sound of… EVERYTHING. Shanghai is a city that wakes up at dawn. Breakfast ritual: back to the noodle shop. The old man winks at me this time. We're practically family.
- 8:00 AM: Decide to tackle the market "like a local." And by "like a local", I mean wander around aimlessly, taking pictures of everything.
- 8:30 AM: Discover the "dried fish" section. The smell. Just… the smell. It's an experience.
- 9:00 AM: Observe a bargaining session between a woman and a vegetable vendor. It's a performance art. The passion! The drama! I have no idea what they're saying, but I'm hooked.
- 9:30 AM: Spend an hour trying to buy a pair of chopsticks. Turns out, Mandarin is hard.
- 10:00 AM: Give up chopsticks and indulge in a second delicious noodle bowl.
- 11:00 AM: The most bizarre experience of my trip thus far. Decide to try a foot massage at a tiny shop I found at the market. I'm always up for a rub-down. The massage is… intense. Like, deep-tissue meets torture-chamber. The masseuse, a tiny woman with incredible strength, keeps murmuring things to me that I can't understand. I suspect I might be getting roasted for my feet.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch #3. You guessed it: noodles. The old man practically hugs me. He gives me extra chili oil, which I now crave. This is a problem.
- 2:00 PM: Attempt to visit a nearby temple. Get hopelessly lost. Wander through a maze of narrow alleyways, feeling like I've stumbled into a secret world. It's honestly a little bit magical.
- 4:00 PM: Snack time: Find a stall selling delicious-looking steamed buns. Another language barrier. The vendor smiles and basically forces me to try a pork bun. It's the best thing I've ever eaten. I order five more.
- 5:00 PM: Back to the hotel, feeling overwhelmed but also incredibly… content. I need a shower. And a nap.
- 7:00 PM: Decide to venture out for dinner, feel completely terrified of doing it alone. Head back to the noodle shop.
- 8:00 PM: Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
Day 3: The Great Noodles Saga - A Love Story
- 6:00 AM: Wake up craving noodles. (Send help.)
- 7:00 AM: At the noodle shop. The old man is already there, smiling. He's made me a special bowl with extra pork, apparently. This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. The noodles are so amazing.
- 8:00 AM: Walk around the area, finally get a grasp of the direction of things. This area is beautiful.
- 10:00 AM: Attempt to find a coffee shop. The coffee in the hotel is… not good. Fail. Accept my fate and go back to the noodle shop.
- 10:30 AM: The Old Man waves me over. He gestures enthusiastically. We need to go out to the market. Together. This is definitely not in my schedule.
- 11:00 AM: I follow him around the market. He introduces me to EVERYONE. We taste everything, from the weirdest fruits to the strangest meats. I feel like I'm on a food tour with the mayor of flavor town. I am getting my pictures taken by the market visitors.
- 1:00 PM: This is the most important moment, so listen up. We begin to make a noodle bowl together. He's a master, of course. He guides my hands, tells me secrets, and makes me laugh so hard I think I might choke on my own saliva. It feels… special.
- 2:00 PM: We feast on our collaborative noodle masterpiece. It’s heaven. Tears actually well up in my eyes. It's silly, I know. But it's more than just noodles. It’s a connection.
- 2:30 PM: We sit and we talk. We figure out bits and pieces of words and gestures and smiles. I have no idea if what I am saying is anything but the fact that we understand each other in those moments.
- 3:30 PM: He gives me a final hug. I realize I'm leaving.
- 4:00 PM: I go back to the hotel, completely and utterly overwhelmed. I have to pack. Tears. Tears of longing.
- 5:00 PM: I have to leave. I say goodbye to the Old Man.
- 7:00 PM: Final Noodle Bowl.
Day 4: Departure - Goodbye Shanghai and Goodbye Noodles!
- 6:00 AM: Up early.
- 7:00 AM: My last noodle bowl.
- 8:00 AM: Taxi to the airport.
- 10:00 AM: Airplane takes off.
**Final Thoughts: Shanghai, you magnificent, chaotic,
Uncover Jaipur's Secret Gem: Hotel Luna Rosa Awaits!
Vienna Hotel Shanghai: FAQ - Because Luxury Should Come with a Side of Chaos (and Maybe Regret)
Is this place *really* a "Hidden Gem"? Because, let's be honest, "hidden" often means "far away."
Okay, alright, the "hidden gem" thing? It's a bit… stretching the truth, isn't it? It's definitely in Songjiang. And Songjiang, bless its heart, isn't exactly the center of Shanghai's dazzling nightlife. Yes, you'll need a taxi, Metro, or maybe a prayer. I spent a good hour one time trying to explain to a grumpy taxi driver where it was. He kept saying "Fake hotel! Fake hotel!" Finally, I just pointed at the phone and said, "GPS! Go!" So, yes, hidden-ish. But the upside? The quiet. Glorious, blissful quiet. But be prepared for a trek back into the "civilization" of downtown.
What's the deal with the rooms? Are they as luxurious as they claim? I once stayed somewhere "luxurious" and ended up with a view of a dumpster.
The rooms? They *try* to be luxurious. And you know what? They mostly pull it off. The beds are comfy – I slept so hard one night, I almost missed my flight. The bathrooms? Marble-y enough to feel fancy. My *one* serious grumble? The view! I once got given a room that faced… well, a brick wall. A *very* boring brick wall. Like, I stared at it for a good ten minutes just contemplating the utter lack of architectural imagination. Pro-tip: Request a room on a higher floor, and pray. Or bribe the front desk with some chocolate. Works every time (maybe).
Breakfast. Don't even get me started. Is it the usual sad hotel buffet situation?
Okay, breakfast. Here's where things get… interesting. It's a buffet. But it's not the *worst* buffet. You've got your noodles (always a highlight), some weird-looking (but probably tasty) local dishes that I'm too scared to name, and the usual suspect of eggs, toast, and processed fruit. The coffee? Let's just say it’s… functional. I wouldn’t write home about it. In fact, I once spent an hour trying to find a decent latte nearby. Ended up in a KFC. Don’t judge me. But, listen. The buffet is *convenient*. Especially at 6 AM if you’re hungover.
What are the facilities like? Does it have a gym? A pool? A place to escape from crying babies?
Gym? Yes. But the treadmills are… well, they look like they've seen better days. And the air conditioning in the gym is… ambitious; bring a towel. Pool? Nope. Crying babies? Okay, this *is* a family-friendly hotel, so you might encounter some. Earplugs are your friend. I once ended up in the elevator with an entire family, and the little one was *wailing* for the duration. Honestly, I sympathized! The elevator music was truly awful, almost as bad as my mood. Overall, just be prepared for hotel life, not a secluded spa.
The Service... Chinese hotels can be hit-or-miss. What's the verdict here?
Okay. The service. It's… variable. Sometimes, it's fantastic. Super helpful, friendly, trying their best to speak English (kudos!). Other times… well, let's just say communication can be a challenge. I once tried to order room service, and what *I* thought were clear instructions for a sandwich ended up with me receiving a plate of mystery meat and what looked suspiciously like pickled radishes. I mean, the hotel is trying, that’s all that matters, right? The staff is polite, at least.
Let's talk location again. Is there ANYTHING interesting nearby? Any restaurants, shops, or... *gasp*... bars?
Right, the location. This is where the "hidden" part really kicks in. You're not exactly stumbling into a buzzing metropolis. There *are* a few restaurants, mostly local spots serving... well, I'm not sure what, but it *smells* delicious. A couple of convenience stores. And... that's about it. Okay, that's not entirely true. If you're into walks, there’s a nice park a very long walk away. But I *warn* you, do your research. You are NOT in the heart of Shanghai. You're in a quiet(ish) suburb. You’ll have to get a taxi/Didi/bus/bicycle/scooter (if you're brave) to get anywhere exciting. Honestly, that's part of the charm, isn't it? The seclusion? The peace? Until 5 minutes in you start to crave humanity.
Okay, okay. So, would you recommend this place? Be honest!
Honestly? It depends. If you're looking for super-slick, ultra-hip, easy-to-get-to luxury, then probably not. If you're after a quiet, comfortable stay with some decent perks, and you don't mind a bit of an adventure to get anywhere interesting, then yes. It's good for a business trip, or if you have to be in Songjiang for some reason. Just remember that the "luxury" is… relative. But the beds are comfy, and that counts for a lot. And, hey, maybe you’ll find your very own brick wall and start a new trend. Who knows? I'd go back. Eventually. Maybe. After I’ve emotionally recovered from the last trip.
You said something about a *memorable experience*. Spill the tea!
Oh, the *memorable experience*. Okay, so... picture this: I'm in the elevator. Right? Just going up to my room, minding my own business, feeling pretty pleased with myself. I’d just finished a successful meeting. Suddenly, the elevator stops. Not a gentle stop. A *lurching*, ominous stop. And then… nothing. Dead. I try the call button. Nothing. The emergency alarm. Nothing. I'm trapped. In an elevator. In a foreign country. My phone? Dead. Battery’s gone, of course. My attempts at calling for help were… inventive. I tried shouting. I tried banging. I even resorted to… well, let’s just say it involved a rather loud rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." Eventually, *someone* heard me. The maintenance crew, I think. Looked mildly embarrassed. Got me out. The whole ordeal took about anBook For Rest

