Suites in Surabaya? This Syariah Hotel Will Blow You Away!

OYO 90801 Deanofaa Residence Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

OYO 90801 Deanofaa Residence Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

Suites in Surabaya? This Syariah Hotel Will Blow You Away!

Suites in Surabaya: A Syariah Hotel That… Actually Impressed Me! (Ramblings of a Traveler)

Okay, so I'm not usually thrilled about Syariah hotels. My brain screams "strict" and a little, well, bland. Picture this: Surabaya, sweltering heat, and I needed a place, fast. Found Suites in Surabaya online. The pictures looked… promising. But, let's be honest, online photos can be deceiving. So, with a healthy dose of skepticism, I booked. And you know what? I was actually surprised.

First Impressions & Accessibility: The "Wow, This Isn't So Bad" Phase

Getting there was a breeze, thanks to the hotel's airport transfer. Seriously, after a long flight, that's a lifesaver. The exterior? Clean, modern. Not the usual sterile look I was anticipating. And inside? Elevator, which is HUGE for tired legs. Even if you're not completely reliant on accessibility features (like me!), knowing they're there is always a bonus. They even had a car park [free of charge]! Parking in Surabaya can be a nightmare, so this was a major win.

Check-in was… well, efficient. Contactless check-in/out is brilliant during COVID times (more on that later). The staff were polite, masked up, and didn't make me feel like I was breaking some sacred rule by taking my shoes off. This is important, folks! First impressions MATTER.

Now, I didn’t need a wheelchair accessible room this time, but I saw the facilities. Everything seemed well designed and thought out, which is more than I can say for some supposedly 'accessible' hotels!

Rooms: Clean, Comfortable, and… Did Someone Say Luxurious Blackout Curtains?

My room was a standard suite, and from the moment I entered, I knew this was different. Forget the expected austerity. My room had some freaking style. The blackout curtains? Game changer! Slept like a log, folks. And the bed, oh sweet mercy, the bed! Seriously comfortable! The air conditioning worked like a charm, blasting a much needed burst of cold air to cool me down after the journey.

It also felt clean. And I'm not talking 'surface clean' – I'm talking, everything looked sanitised and fresh. The daily housekeeping was impeccable. There was Wi-Fi [free] and Internet access – wireless of course, and the signal was strong. Which meant I could binge-watch some guilty pleasure shows in peace. And the complimentary bottled water? Much appreciated after the heat!

There were also the usual amenities, like hair dryer, in-room safe box, mini bar etc. They even had bathrobes and slippers. Fancy.

Hygiene and Safety: Feeling Safe in Surabaya's Swelter

Let's get real. COVID. It's hanging over everything, including travel. Suites in Surabaya, though? They seem to have taken it seriously. Hand sanitizer was everywhere. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter was enforced in the common areas. Seeing staff trained in safety protocol actually made me feel…relaxed.

The room itself? I’m pretty sure it was sanitized between stays. They had rooms sanitized between stays and they even gave an option for room sanitization opt-out available. I mean how much more effort can they give!

I felt really secure, knowing they used anti-viral cleaning products, and did daily disinfection in common areas. I saw a sterilizing equipment in use, and the staff always wore masks.

They even had a doctor/nurse on call, and a first aid kit. And honestly, there wasn't a moment I doubted the hotel's dedication to keeping guests safe.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Beyond the Expected… and a Few Quirks

Okay, this is where things got interesting. Being a Syariah hotel, I was anticipating a limited menu. Boy, was I wrong! There were restaurants offering Asian cuisine in restaurant, they offered a Western cuisine in restaurant, with both a la carte in restaurant and a Breakfast [buffet]. The breakfast buffet was decent, with plenty of options. They had coffee/tea in restaurant and even a Happy hour!

Now, for the quirks. The poolside bar was… alcohol-free, obviously. But they had some fantastic mocktails! And the snack bar had some unexpectedly delicious options.

One suggestion for improvement: the Asian breakfast could be a little more authentic. It was good, but it leaned towards the slightly Westernized (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it did feel a little too safe).

Things to Do (or Not Do): What to Expect

Alright, so you're in Surabaya. What can you do? Well, the hotel has some amazing stuff, and some good ones.

  • Pool with view - Yes! You can unwind and relax by the pool – an outdoor swimming pool – which is great!
  • Fitness center – great for working out
  • Spa – I heard it was good!
  • Massage – Yes. Again, it's a Syariah hotel so no unnecessary touching! But a traditional Indonesian massage? Sign me up!
  • Sauna, Steamroom, Spa/sauna - Yes, they got this!

Outside the hotel, you're in Surabaya!

Services & Conveniences: The Little Things that Matter

Suites in Surabaya nailed the little things. They had:

  • Concierge – helpful for getting around and finding things.
  • Doorman – a nice touch.
  • Daily housekeeping – essential.
  • Cash withdrawal – super convenient, even if I never really need it.
  • Laundry service – a lifesaver when you're traveling.
  • And of course, Wi-Fi for special events and essential condiments

They have everything you need, from a contactless check-in/out to helpful little things.

The Verdict: Suites in Surabaya… Seriously, Book It!

Look, I went in expecting a by-the-book experience. But Suites in Surabaya legitimately impressed me. It was clean, comfortable, safe, and surprisingly stylish. The staff were friendly and helpful. And the amenities were spot on. It’s clearly a hotel that invests in making people feel good.

Here’s the deal: If you're looking for a clean, comfortable, and modern hotel in Surabaya that takes safety seriously, and can give you a relaxing experience, then book Suites in Surabaya. It's Syariah-compliant, yes, but it's far from stuffy. You won't regret it.

But wait, there's more!

Special Offer Just for You!

Book your stay at Suites in Surabaya this week and get:

  • Free upgrade to a Superior Room, for extra space and comfort!
  • Complimentary breakfast for two, so you can start your day right!
  • 15% discount on spa treatments, to melt away any stress!

Seriously, don't miss out. Click that "Book Now" button! You deserve a great stay!

Escape to Paradise: Tok Aman Bali Beachfront Bliss in Malaysia

Book Now

OYO 90801 Deanofaa Residence Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

OYO 90801 Deanofaa Residence Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this itinerary isn't going to be your pristine, color-coded, perfectly-planned travel guide. This is more like… a chaotic love letter to Surabaya, written on a napkin while battling jet lag and a questionable nasi goreng. We're staying at OYO 90801 Deanofaa Residence Syariah – let's pray it's as Insta-worthy as it looks online, shall we?

Day 1: Surabaya, You Beautiful Mess

  • Morning (6:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Arrival and Initial Panic

    • Okay, so the flight was… intense. Baby screaming the entire time. I swear my eardrums are still vibrating. Landed at Juanda International Airport, and immediately felt the humidity hit like a brick wall. Honestly, I love it. It's like a warm hug from the tropics. Immigration was a breeze, mostly because I think I looked delirious enough that they just waved me through.
    • Transportation: Grab (thank GOD for Grab!). Found a driver who spoke like, three words of English, which is perfect because my Bahasa Indonesia is limited to "terima kasih" and "nasi goreng." Praying he knows the way to Deanofaa Residence.
    • The Arrival at Deanofaa: HOLY MOSES. The pictures online are a little… optimistic. Don’t get me wrong, it's clean and the staff is super friendly, but it’s definitely a little less "luxury boutique" and a little more "budget-friendly crash pad." My room? Well, let's just say the air conditioning is taking a day to decide whether it wants to work. Fine. I'll sweat it out. Embrace the authenticity!
    • Emotional Response: I'm exhausted but already in full vacation mode. That initial "OMG, I'm actually here!" feeling is pure gold. Also, I'm slightly terrified I left my toothbrush at home.
  • Mid-Day (10:00 AM - 2:00 PM): Cultural Immersion (Attempted)

    • Quest for Breakfast/Brunch: Okay, so the free breakfast at Deanofaa? Let's just say it's… minimal. Time to venture out. After 35 minutes of wandering around the immediate area, I finally found a warung down the street that looked promising. Pointing at things behind the glass case is a universal language, right?
    • The Food Experience: Got myself something that looked like a spicy rice cake (turns out it was called "lontong balap" – yay for Googling later!). Wow. It was amazing with its savory broth, vegetables, and tofu. Honestly, the best thing I've eaten in years. Almost cried. It's perfect. I love Surabaya. Now I probably won't eat anything else for the rest of the trip.
    • Quirky Observation: The sheer volume of motorbikes is astounding. People, families – entire lives – seem to be running on two wheels. I'm officially jealous of their effortless cool.
    • Imperfection: I forgot to bring a small bag of wet wipes with me. I felt the burn.
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Exploring the Old Town (or, Trying to)

    • Transportation: Back on Grab! Decided to try and navigate the old town "Kota Tua" – because, you know, culture.
    • The Mess: Found a cool historical section with some Dutch colonial buildings. Got lost. Took a wrong turn and ended up on a VERY narrow street. Had to dodge a motorbike carrying a mountain of watermelons. It was scary and exhilarating simultaneously.
    • Failed Attempt at a Museum: Tried to visit the House of Sampoerna ("Gedung Nasional Indonesia"). Closed. Apparently, it was "siesta time." Honestly, I can respect that. Needed a nap myself. But still, slightly disappointed.
    • Emotional Response: The heat is relentless! I'm starting to feel like a damp towel but the architecture is pretty! I could get lost, but this kind of wandering is the whole point of travel, right?
    • Quirky Observation: The sheer abundance of street vendors. Everything from ice cream to random car parts. It seems like anything can be purchased on the streets of Surabaya.
  • Evening (6:00 PM - onwards): Food, Friends, or Maybe Just Sleep.

    • Dinner: Back on Grab! Looking for a restaurant that isn't a warung. I'm in the mood for a bit of fancy tonight. I still have some coins in my pocket!
    • Possible Plan: Search for some live music in a bar. Maybe a bit of karaoke. Or go back to the hotel, watch some TV, and try to sleep. That AC is still giving me the cold shoulder.
    • Emotional Reaction: I think I'm already in love with Surabaya. Even with the slightly dubious accommodations and the heat. This is going to be an experience! And I can't wait to embrace that.

Day 2-4: (The Rest of the Trip):

  • The Unwritten Chapters: Adventures will include:
    • Visiting a local market.
    • Bargain-hunting (I always fail but it's fun to try!).
    • Sampling as much Indonesian food as my stomach can handle: the spicy food is intense!
    • Maybe visiting a temple or two.
    • Getting lost (again, probably).
    • A day in the life of a backpacker, being in a new city.
  • The Core of my Experience
    • I want to fully immerse myself in the local culture. Yes, it might be hot, and yes, I might get lost and make a complete fool of myself. But that's what makes travel worthwhile. I will let the travel guide lead and the moments unfold naturally.

Important Notes (Because I'm Forgetful):

  • Bring: Bug spray, sunscreen, a phrasebook (or learn some basic Indonesian), an adapter, a sense of adventure, wet wipes.
  • Don't Forget: To breathe. And to laugh at yourself. Because you will make mistakes.
  • Important Advice: Do your research, but don't over-plan. Leave room for happy accidents and unexpected discoveries.
  • Money: Indonesian Rupiah is probably the most challenging for me to work with at the moment.
  • Final Thoughts: Surabaya, get ready. I'm coming at you, mess and all. I'm here to drink the coffee, eat the food, get lost in the crowds, and hopefully, find a little bit of myself along the way. And hopefully, the AC in my room decides to show up. Wish me luck!
Malang's BEST Nipa Guesthouse Near Universitas Widyagama! (RedDoorz)

Book Now

OYO 90801 Deanofaa Residence Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

OYO 90801 Deanofaa Residence Syariah Surabaya IndonesiaOkay, buckle up, because we're diving into the Surabaya suite scene, and let me tell you, this "Syariah Hotel" experience... well, it's a *whole* thing. Forget crisp brochures and sanitized reviews, this is the unvarnished truth. I'm talking the good, the bad, and the *wait, what just happened?* Let's get into it.
Your Stay Hub

OYO 90801 Deanofaa Residence Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

OYO 90801 Deanofaa Residence Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

OYO 90801 Deanofaa Residence Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

OYO 90801 Deanofaa Residence Syariah Surabaya Indonesia